Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Toolkit wrench
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJdiego
I have a question about the fan belt pulley wrench for the six.

Mine has a slight bend or kick on the end of it.

I have see a few 911 wrenches online and they look flat. Is that exclusive to the six....so you won't scrape your knuckles on the passenger compartment bulkhead?

I have mine listed on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...0229749873&

I just wanted to know if it is a genaric six cylinder wrench or one specific to the 914-6.

Thanks, rj
GeorgeRud
Mine is straight from the original toolkit on my car ( the 611th built), but I can easily see how a kink in the pulley wrench would help in clearing the bulkhead. Porsche had a reputation for changing parts as old stock was used up (hence the right sided ignition switch on 72 914-6s, etc).
RJdiego
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jun 1 2008, 12:09 PM) *

Mine is straight from the original toolkit on my car ( the 611th built), but I can easily see how a kink in the pulley wrench would help in clearing the bulkhead. Porsche had a reputation for changing parts as old stock was used up (hence the right sided ignition switch on 72 914-6s, etc).

Thanks,

I sold the car recently, I think it was #474. Funny how they have the same part numbers for different styles of parts.

rj
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.