Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where to get ebrake cable extensions?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
I have converted my 914 to 5 lug and 911 ebrake. I cutoff the OEM ebrake mounting tabs on the swing arm and welded them back on but straight back. Now that that is done I need cable extensions aprox. 6-7 inches long. Ideally these extensions would have eyelets on both ends. Where do you go to have something like this made? This is just a cable with no sheathing, I welded a bolt onto the bottom of each swing arm and mounted a bearing wheel. I'm expecting the cable extension to ride in this wheel. Any ideas?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Jun 1 2008, 01:16 PM) *

I have converted my 914 to 5 lug and 911 ebrake. I cutoff the OEM ebrake mounting tabs on the swing arm and welded them back on but straight back. Now that that is done I need cable extensions aprox. 6-7 inches long. Ideally these extensions would have eyelets on both ends. Where do you go to have something like this made? This is just a cable with no sheathing, I welded a bolt onto the bottom of each swing arm and mounted a bearing wheel. I'm expecting the cable extension to ride in this wheel. Any ideas?

Don't do it !!!!!! It makes the control arms way too heavy and strains the frame.
John
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jun 1 2008, 06:36 PM) *

Don't do it !!!!!! It makes the control arms way too heavy and strains the frame.

What are you smokin' George?

Please post a picture. Many have successfully invented a belcrank arrangement for this.

Total weight addition less than a pound......

rfuerst911sc
My setup is different from others as I didn't plan on useing a bellcrank to activate the 911 ebrake. My plan was/is to extend the OEM 914 cables with aircraft cable with no sheathing to wrap around the roller bearing pulleys in the pic. Any suggestions are appreciated. beerchug.gif
RON S.
here is an old pic of my setup.

it works just fine, and i haven't had any problems.

Ron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.