Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need some pics of carb linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mattp
installing new engine with carbs, had a 1.8, I need some ideas on where/ how you may have mounted (anchored) your throttle cable, thanks
popcorn[1].gif
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 1 2008, 08:51 PM) *

piratenanner.gif

What is that bent box wrench looking thing? That looks great!
PeeGreen 914
http://www.triadwestperformance.com/Products.htm
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 1 2008, 10:03 PM) *

Cool. Will it fit on a 2.0 4?
rhodyguy
that cable bracket is incuded in the Triad linkage package. it's a first rate setup. i have the same linkage on my car. the bracket has a slight counter sink on the forward side that captures the threaded end of the throttle cable.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(96740 @ Jun 1 2008, 10:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 1 2008, 10:03 PM) *

Cool. Will it fit on a 2.0 4?

It is designed for all 914-4s with carbs. It is a very nice setup. I wish he made one for the 6.
Thanks for the link.
URY914
It's the best set up out there.
mattp
I have the linkage set up from Raby, that box wrench thing looks pretty good, I need some more ideas! Help!!
VaccaRabite
I rigged up a very simple (and strong) system. I knwo I have pics in here somewhere - I'm looking for them. There was a big thread on this a while back, they might be there.

Zach
VaccaRabite
Found them. This is what I made. Ken (Zymirgist)took these pics on April 12.
IPB Image
it is a small piece of 1/8 inch steel with 2 holes drilled in it, and bent at an angle.

IPB Image
Here is how it runs to the linkage. Simple and strong. The cable should not have to make any sharp bends to get to the engine from the firewall, unlike some of the other attachments I have seen.

The short piece of metal does not allow much (if any) flex, and should not provide as much mechanical advantage against the case (causing the case to break).

Zach
Gint
The CB Performance linkage set works just fine for $80. n You'll have to make your own cable bracket though. Zach's looks pretty good.

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=509
dbgriffith75
Wow I wish I had a mean looking linkage like those pictured... and I probably could if I cared enough.

I've just got your basic throttle body w/ rods set up. I don't see the point in getting too carried away until I actually get around and put the motor back in and get it running.
mattp
how do you attach the linkage to the carbs?
Also what about throttle return springs? How long where do you mountthem?
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 2 2008, 09:31 AM) *

Found them. This is what I made. Ken (Zymirgist)took these pics on April 12.
IPB Image
it is a small piece of 1/8 inch steel with 2 holes drilled in it, and bent at an angle.

IPB Image
Here is how it runs to the linkage. Simple and strong. The cable should not have to make any sharp bends to get to the engine from the firewall, unlike some of the other attachments I have seen.

The short piece of metal does not allow much (if any) flex, and should not provide as much mechanical advantage against the case (causing the case to break).

Zach

Looks good when the engine is sitting out of the car. But where does the TC enter the engine bay? It has the enter somewhere by design. Does it just squeeze by the engine seals?

rhodyguy
use the hole in the pass side engine tin that is provided for the cable to pass thru. you can hook the return spring on one of the rear trunk spring rods. i took my spring rods out when i went to the camp914 trunk strut kit. i went to the hardware store, bought a small eyebolt, drilled a hole in the rear firewall inline with the cable holder bracket/cable arm lever to fit the eyebolt, and hooked up a spring.
Kargeek
CB Linkage- Homemade bracket made with a hacksaw.

DH
anderssj
CB linkage with home-made throttle bracket--always intended to go with something prettier but it has lasted like this since around 1982 dry.gif
QUOTE(Kargeek @ Jun 4 2008, 09:56 AM) *

CB Linkage- Homemade bracket made with a hacksaw.

DH

HOLY ****! your engine bay is clean. Wow. Very nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.