Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Car Won't start?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
levonfarra
Hello,

My engine will not run as topic states. I usually hear the fuel pump humming when I first turn on the ignition. But now I do not hear that noise, has my fuel pump gone bad, or can it be something else that can cause that and disable my car from running. Any ideas, comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

Levon
championgt1
Check your fuel pump relay on the relay board. If your headlights work swap one of those relays for the fuel pump relay and see if your pump comes on.
Kirmizi
You should also inspect the rear fuse on the relay board.
Mike
levonfarra
I forgot to mention that when the motor rests for an hour or two and cools off, it starts up again? WTF?

thanks,

Levon
yellow914
Could be that pesky ignition switch again!..mine played this same scenario out until I noticed that my gas gauge didn't move when I turned the key...then I'd try again and again and again almost running the battery out...then I'd notice the gauge jump on and viola started right off the bat!....I though it I let it sit it would start and many times it did...I think the plastic switch was just shrinking back together after my many many attempts to start and making a connection...Watch your guages and if they don't react it won't start?

levonfarra
the gauges work and the battery turns over but the engine just would not run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.