Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake light switch what wires go where?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wannateener
im putting everything in and forgot to draw a pic of what wire goes where on my brake light switch can somebody help please with picture or something
thanks again
dylan
SLITS
1971 shows Black w/yellow to terminal 54 .... Black w/ yellow again from Fuse #9 and joined with Grey w/ red to the other terminal.

1973 adds a Red w/ white to the unmarked terminal with the B/Y & G/R.
904svo
If you mean the switch on the pedal ass'y the two wires can go either way.
they are brown (ground) and brown/white (switched ground).
wannateener
ok thats what i thought right after i posted cause its just on off switch . now i have another question lol. well i have a lot of wires coming out of a circle hole by the fire wall inside the car and i know one is for the cargo light and remembering off the other 914 i dont think there should be alot of wires there they look like they plug into a board and its coming out inbetween the seats
SLITS
What freakin' year car ..............?

The main harness goes between the seats on all the cars. On '73 and later there are multiple wires with connectors that plug into the center console harness to run the gauges and clock.
wannateener
here it is sorry its a 74
wannateener
me
wannateener
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 2 2008, 06:39 PM) *

What freakin' year car ..............?

The main harness goes between the seats on all the cars. On '73 and later there are multiple wires with connectors that plug into the center console harness to run the gauges and clock.

o and it was just the switch i got the answer thanks again and i just need help with these wires
Mavrick272
What a coincidence!
I am in the same predicament
I have a '74 and I just got a brake light switch and am attempting to install it
So is it the same as on the '71 as listed above?
So.Cal.914
Hard to see for me but it looks like the seatbelt / ignition switch cut off relay.

Edit: Splice large yellow wire together and bypass the relay. Others may know more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.