Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to carbs...can anyone point me to some info?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
Looks like I will be entering the carb world with my next engine and I don't know anything about them beyond the very basics. All of the 914's I have owned have had d-jet.

Is there a thread or web site out there that explains carbs more in detail...types, sizes, parts, theory, etc?

Thanks
bdstone914
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question377.htm

Carb basics. If you want to learn about them in more detail, we are going to need what kind of carb/s you will be running.
lotus_65
maybe it's just a view from the other side, but...

don't

do

it.

can't you build up around sds or something like that?
biosurfer1
I could if my wallet was not so empty...

the engine is already coming with Italian Weber 40's so I figure use them for the time being
sww914
You can make more HP with carbs with a built engine than you can with stock injection. You can make HP cheaper with carbs than you can with A/M injection, especially if you agree to pay your self $1.00 an hour to get the inexpensive A/M injection working right. You can make as much or more HP with good A/M injection and have it run better for longer periods and start easier than with carbs.
rhodyguy
buy the cb weber book and a STE (brand) syncronometer
sean_v8_914
http://www.carburetorclinic.com/weber_tech.htm
computers4kids
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 3 2008, 02:04 AM) *

buy the cb weber book and a STE (brand) syncronometer

I have a syncrometer that I'll give you and if I can find it a quick quide to tuning webers from CB performance.
biosurfer1
Nice...thanks Mark:)

Justinp71

Just down shift and floor it!!!! What else is there to know?!?!?!? blink.gif

When we get our cars together we can have a carb tuning party...
computers4kids
BBQ...time.
I have a LM-1 wideband meter and talipipe sniffer...Oh, I forgot I haven't learned how to use it yet. mad.gif
rhodyguy
bring that up to washington in july.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.