Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decel valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brownaar
Can anyone get me some good photos/description showing how the decel valve mounts. I thought it mounted somehow with the MPS, but I don't quite get it.
Thanks,
Aaron
type47
QUOTE(brownaar @ Jun 3 2008, 01:43 PM) *

Can anyone get me some good photos/description showing how the decel valve mounts. I thought it mounted somehow with the MPS, but I don't quite get it.
Thanks,
Aaron

i don't have any pix with me here but it mounts under one of the 3 bolts that mount the MPS.
zonedoubt
QUOTE(brownaar @ Jun 3 2008, 02:43 PM) *

Thanks,
Aaron

There are two threaded holes on the vertical section of the passenger side engine shelf. The decel valve mounts to an L-bracket which fastens to those holes. There's a good photo in Haynes on page 53 (figure 2.40) that show how it mounts. I'm in the process of putting my FI back together and have to fabricate the L-bracket that the decel valve mounts on.
Bleyseng
The MPS mounts with two screws at the bottom and one bolt at the top. The decel valve mounts to the top bolt of the MPS, piggybacking onto it.
RoadGlue
It's off the car and you want put it back on? I thought the decel valve just slowed the speed at which the engine decelerates when you push the clutch in. My vote (aren't we voting... oh, maybe not. smile.gif) is that you leave it off and simply plug the vacuum ports that feed the valve. Less hoses, faster engine decel... what's not to like?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.