Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Price
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stephen914
Hi everyone. Any rough guesses as to what I could get for my 1.7L motor is I sold it with all of the injector stuff, computer, and other ancillaries? confused24.gif The engine runs now and needs pushrod tube seals.
URY914
I'm guessing $500, but what do I know. Start at $800 and see what happens.

Paul
tat2dphreak
do a search on ebay, pelican classifieds, and the classifieds here... see what other people paid.
GWN7
There are two types of 1.7 buyers...ones that need are motor for replacement and ones that are buying one for "just in case"

How many miles on the engine?

Besides pushrod seals, what else does it need?

Last few I've seen forsale have gone for between $200 and $400

A lower miles engine without needing any work would bring more.
Stephen914
I can't remember how many miles are on the engine. well I don't really know except for what the Odometer says. According to the dude I bought it from it was "recently" rebuilt what ever that means. As far as teh running good thing by that I mean it will start, idle drive around. IT does have a light of idle hesitation like maybe it's a little rich as you first press the gas.
SirAndy
$300 seems more realistic without knowing anything about the guts ...

Andy
McMark
agree.gif

That's what I was going to say Andy.
Bruce Allert
I picked one up for $100 minus the inj sys. Supposedly ran great. Still sitting on my shop floor beside my 2.0 that I hope to have in soon.

......b
mightyohm
Hehe, same here. I have a spare 1.7 sitting around I got for almost nothing. Injection system is 50% there.
r_towle
I would say replace the pushrod tube seals, do a compression test and a leak down test to see what is going on and you can then provide that data to the buyer and go for 800 if all the tests pass..

R
anthony
If the MPS is good that part alone is worth $100 or so. I'd think that all the injection, brain, and MPS is worth at least $250 to someone.

I'd take a video of the running engine (often digital cameras will take short quicktime videos) you can show to people and do the compression check as recommended. Better yet, leave the engine in the car until it's sold and allow the buyer to drive it and verify the compression check if they want.
nebreitling
yup, i'd spend 500-750 on a complete, well-running 1.7

significantly less if "unkown" my 02
Stephen914
Better yet, leave the engine in the car until it's sold and allow the buyer to drive it and verify the compression check if they want.

This was my plan all along. Although the compression check idea is a good one as well. I may do the video too. The engine would not be availible until spring as it's about -4 here. If someone was really interested right now I could get everything done now. I was just seeing what you guys thought.

I do have a propane salamander heater in the garage but it can only do so much.
I must get a sufficient heater in there eventually.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.