Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEW Repro VIN Sticker
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I finally got my repro VIN stickers for my cars. They look pretty good. They are not punched but digital reproduced. They are in the correct silver color. I think they will pass the muster for me.
Richard Casto
Hi Mark. smile.gif

Where did you source these? I also assume these are not the AA stickers?

Richard
davep
Looks good. I'm sure that they should also be able to do the black variety in a similar fashion. My data suggests that the choice of black or silver was dependant on the body color.
Gint
Where?
URY914
I guess if your making them that match your existing VIN they would be legal right?
Root_Werks
One of the guys up in this area got some not too long ago and I think he said he just got them from Porsche Cars North America. I think anyway.
914Sixer
I had them done from a guy in Oklahoma. Yes, they are VIN stickers for cars I have titles for, nothing wrong I believe.
Root_Werks
Any chance you would post his info here? I think there be a few that would have him make stickers.
Rusty
Interesting and they look good... is this guy interested in doing a production run, or was this a favor?
ericread
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 5 2008, 07:48 AM) *

I had them done from a guy in Oklahoma. Yes, they are VIN stickers for cars I have titles for, nothing wrong I believe.

agree.gif

As long as you're not using them to subvert the law, I don't see the harm. I think they look great. smilie_pokal.gif

Let us know if your contact can make more. I'd love to have a set for my 914 to apply completion of my body and paint work.

popcorn[1].gif
plymouth37
Those look great!
I would be interested in one if your guy is willing to make more.
Dana.
jonferns
Im also interested. Please let us know
tod914
Nice job Mark they look great
Joe Bob
THIS is what PCNA will send you to replace a destroyed VIN sticker.

IPB Image

Those repros may look good, but might get you in trouble if you run into someone that knows what they are supposed to look like.
Lavanaut
Those repros may look good, but might get you in trouble if you run into someone that knows what they are supposed to look like.

For anyone who might care, it seems like a quick check against the stamped VIN on the car would clear that up though, right? confused24.gif
914Sixer
For all of you that want stickers please contact Jim at vintagespeedwerks@yahoo. com. He makes VW stickers for $12 each with payment by paypal. He can make them in black also.
ericread
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 5 2008, 08:44 PM) *

For all of you that want stickers please contact Jim at vintagespeedwerks.com. He makes VW stickers for $12 each with payment by paypal. He can make them in black also.

Thanks for the heads-up!!! piratenanner.gif
Elliot Cannon
If you're in California, you might want to check with the CHP before applying any other-than-factory VIN sticker. I know for sure that if you try to rivet on your own window tag, it is a BIG deal. We're talkin FELONY. So, check with your local CHP office befor affixing any stickers. FWIW.
Cheers, Elliot
PRS914-6
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 5 2008, 08:00 PM) *

If you're in California, you might want to check with the CHP before applying any other-than-factory VIN sticker. I know for sure that if you try to rivet on your own window tag, it is a BIG deal. We're talkin FELONY. So, check with your local CHP office befor affixing any stickers. FWIW.
Cheers, Elliot

Technically it's an information sticker. Even the OEM replacement sticker from Porsche isn't an exact match. It would only be illegal if you tried to use a different # or "tamper". Can you imagine trying to prosecute someone that had the correct # on his car and the court trying to prove that a $2.00 decal isn't perfect but the # was correct? As messed up as our judicial system is that won't make it......
GeorgeRud
Is there another web site, it seems to not be working on my browser. I would love to have the proper sticker on my car, and the PCNA replacement just doesn't quite cut it on a 914-6.
914Sixer
Sorry about the screw up. Jim's EMAIL is vintagespeedwerks@yahoo.com. He does not have a web site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.