the angles are like gear ratios
sean_v8_914
fth
sean_v8_914
sfdh
sean_v8_914
gfshs
sean_v8_914
the drop arm to the butterflies is wrong here. it gives slow initial response relative to pedal travel making 70% to 100% feel stiffer.
sean_v8_914
cable is straight relative to the pull travel.
purple
correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt it best to have the drop arms as close to vertical as possible, merely for the fact that it's easier to 'see' if you're off or not?
sean_v8_914
if your talking about the arms from the hex to the carb butterfly cam...yes, as close to vert as possible, however, teh carbs are off-set left to right front to rear so it is a compromise to get close. one carb butterfly pivot has a long space to help this.

angle X in dwg # 1 should be as vertical as you can get it but MUST be the same left to right
rhodyguy
i don't know how you guys can stand to deal with your carbs with the linkage on the rear side.

common angularity is the goal. throughout the range of motion.
Kargeek
[i don't know how you guys can stand to deal with your carbs with the linkage on the rear side.

common angularity is the goal. throughout the range of motion.]

It's the same front or back- it's how you align the linkage and set up the cable bracket. DH

rhodyguy
i know the adj procedure is the same whether rear or front mounted linkage. it's the physical aspect of dealing with the droplinks and reaching around with the rear trunk hood in the way in what i consider a rather confined space.
sean_v8_914
good point. show us a pic of your setup.
Kargeek, I like your throttle cable bracket. it is simple and clean. can you post a close up of teh cable routing. this bracket seems to be where most guys cheese out
SirAndy
back in the day, on my 2056 ...

shades.gif Andy

rhodyguy
got this via the search feature. triad+linkage produces 4 pages of results. some of it's pretty funny. when my camera comes home i'll take a better photo.
sean_v8_914
that flexy cable holder is the culprit

I prefer lighter dual return springs
rhodyguy
are you refering to mine?
sean_v8_914
one spring on each carb.

ya. not in love with your setup. the arms stood up like that give a non linear opening progression making top end throttle modulation more difficult. it is not something one could appreciate while street driving. in a performance environment it makes a difference.
EyeTrip
One spring on each carb.

Mine pulls from the top side, seems to be easyer to adjust.

Done it both ways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.