Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's your favorite motivational wrenching music?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
dbgriffith75
As you may or may not be able to tell from the # of posts I've had today, I'M FLIPPIN' BOARD... erm, BORED!

My resto has really slowed to a crawl as the tendonitis in my shoulder has limited my ability to do pretty much anything. I've basically taken care of all the light duty work I can, everything else is down to muscle and until my shoulder is healed that's not a very "healthy" option.

So I'm curious- what kinda music do you like to listen to in the garage? I'll vote when I get it posted, but I prefer rock. Mostly modern, but classic is one of my favorites too. Occassionally I'll tune into country.

So let's have it- who listens to what?

aktion035.gif
pin31
CLASSIC ROCK !! aktion035.gif
So.Cal.914
Dark Side Of The Moon... smoke.gif
zymurgist
Guitar music
Rock & Roll
Blues
Frank Zappa (sui generis)
Grateful Dead (also sui generis)
Abba (to confuse the neighbors)

I also brew to music. I brewed a Belgian Saison to the musical stylings of Rush.

ATTENTION: ALL PLANETS OF THE SOLAR FEDERATION
WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL
WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL
WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL

drgchapman
Mostly Tom Petty for me.
AC/DC when I really want to get something done.
PeeGreen 914
I change it up with ALL different kinds of music. Yesterday I had a nice bit of Rammstein playing wink.gif
914helo
'80's hair bands aktion035.gif Had some good Whitesnake and Cinderella yesterday.
lotus_65
Lavanaut
IPB Image
drew365
Sunday mornings in my garage, wrenching and listening to Breakfast with The Beatles, makes my happy.
scottb
don't know why but when i am working in the garage, country seems appropriate....

"i'm a workin' man
my dog just died
my truck (porsche) is broke
and my wife, she lied!"

or something......

then i drink beer. or strong, black coffee.
brer
I listen to TV on the radio.
Cosby show is fine without the pictures.
helios
Last night I had the CDs on shuffle while attacking the rust in my driver floor pan. A mix of Green Day, Metallica, Bif Naked, and Dave Matthews. Gotta spread the love. Though I will sometimes listen to country while tinkering in the garage also.
SLITS
Dope smokin' acid rock, Linda Ronstadt, Garth Brooks, Brooks & Dunn, Hall & Oates, BEATLES, Gordon Lightfoot, Fleetwood Mac, Bee Gees, Crosby/Stills/Nash .... and a buncha other stuff
dw914er
rock. From blues stuff (like cream, hendrix, etc) to more classic rock stuff (elo, fleetwood mac, ac/dc, vanhalen, aerosmith) to newer stuff (like tool, mars volta, older AFI, rancid, Phantom planet, ima robot, thursday)

I guess anything somewhat fast paced

cant forget the singing i make when i work too (god dammit, sh*t, why doesnt this fit, who designed this, when did this happen, ouch, etc)
Cap'n Krusty
Pig Radio, what else? www.kpig.com, but we get it over the air .............

The Cap'n
lotus_65
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 5 2008, 07:13 PM) *

Pig Radio, what else? www.kpig.com, but we get it over the air .............

The Cap'n

LOL, Cap'n

We used to listen to the pig in '02-'03 at work. My buddy dropped one of the jocks a line and dude sent us a bunch of long sleeves and stickers! (I'd look for the sticker now, but I'd never get this post done).

I guarantee I was wearing that shirt when I ripped the engine out of my teener the first time.
AvalonFal
Gotta be 60's and early 70's music while working on a '74.
watsonrx13
Silence, so that my father-in-law can hear me screaming.... yikes.gif

-- Rob
sixnotfour
you gotta have a video to go with.
this one is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8iDCPRhOzE
Joe Bob
Black Sabbath at 78 speed....
zymurgist
QUOTE((*)(*) @ Jun 5 2008, 10:34 PM) *

Black Sabbath at 78 speed....

did you see god?
scotty b
Depends on my mood but I ALWAYS have on hand :

Social Distortion / Mike Ness solo, Tool, Johhny Cash, Pantera, Rammstein, Megaherz, Hendrix BBS sessions, Fu Manchu, Hatebreed, Dvorak, Hepcat, Mushroomhead, Radiohead and Black Label Society, Horton Heat, Conga Kings, Ozomatli.

Yeah I have a stack of cd's in the garage, and a much bigger stack in the house
VaccaRabite
Varies. A LOT.

Often, I'll listen to an audio book.

Or just put my iPod on "random" by song and see what comes up.

When I was painting, I found myself listening to a lot of Amy Mann. Or English punk from the 70's and 80's.

For demolition work it tends to be metal. Megadeth, Pantera, pre-sellout Metallica.

The other day I was grooving to Primus (drEvil got subjected to that one). Day before that, I was on a John Cash kick.

Often I'll find myself listening to hardcore club music, or some good mashups I found. Benni Benassi, KMFDN are often in the mix.

About the only thing that I won't listen to in the garage is jazz. I use that inside. Too refined for the garage.

Zach
Spoke
Classic Allman Brothers w/Duane

The Starting Line
ZZ Top
Rush
Van Halen

SGB
I could party with any of you folks!

I'm partial to blues and jazz.
HAM Inc
Depends on my mood and the work I'm doing. Lots of Miles Davis, Coltrane, Velvet Undergrond, Tom Waits, '70's and 80's punk (Buzzcocks, The Jam, The Clash, Elvis Costello)
bands from Athens,Ga ie; The Dasboard Saviors, Jack Logan, Vic Chesnutt, REM.

Couldn't get through the day without killer tunes!
zymurgist
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 5 2008, 11:17 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Yeah I have a stack of cd's in the garage, and a much bigger stack in the house
[/quote]

You can tell whether I have been working in the garage by the size of the stack of CD's I have there. I use a 5 disc changer (OLD SCHOOL) and put it on random.

One of these days I'm gonna rip all my CD's. I also have some rare vinyl that would be awesome to listen to again.

I loves me some Chet Atkins in the garage. Dick Dale too.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 5 2008, 05:42 PM) *

you gotta have a video to go with.
this one is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8iDCPRhOzE

I like the fact that the 914-6 makes 2 appearances in that video in under 4 minutes...........

IIRC - it doesn't show up much more during the entire movie.

I listen to Jazz most of the time - I have surround, cable and Internet in the Garage Mahal.....
PanelBilly
Early Saturday morning on the Seattle AM station are two car talk shows. Then I change to FM and hear Click & Clack. Just seams right to me to listen to car talk while I'm working on the car.
ConeDodger
Top Tracks (classic rock) or Bluesville (blues and rockin' blues) on XM sat radio...

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 5 2008, 02:06 PM) *

I change it up with ALL different kinds of music. Yesterday I had a nice bit of Rammstein playing wink.gif

Sweet Rammstein. thats one of the best i can listen to for motivation.
dbgriffith75
I use a 5 disc changer (OLD SCHOOL) and put it on random

They make disc changers now? Well I feel cheated- I've been changing individual CD's like a jackass! So if having a 5 changer makes you old school, I must be living in the stone age. av-943.gif j/k I've got a 3 disc changer at home, and the stereo in the garage has a single CD player in it tho I don't use it. Whatever's on the radio works for me, since I basically just consider it background noise to keep me focused on what I'm doing. Unless it's a really awesome song and/or band, then I crank it up. Some of my favorites are Shine Down, Buckcherry, Finger 11, AC/DC, Black Sabbath/Ozzy, Rob Zombie...
turboman808
Mostly Classic rock and Southern rock.
Todd Enlund
I prefer prog rock and alternative, but lately I've been listening to my 4" angle grinder.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jun 6 2008, 06:09 PM) *

I prefer prog rock and alternative, but lately I've been listening to my 4" angle grinder.

Oh yeah. That or air tools. No use for putting music on if I think I am going to be pulling out the air tools (and putting on hearing protection).

Zach
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Old School Coutry for me, 60's - 70's mite have to do with that i am old school

myself! George,Waylan,Willie & the Boys. Dave slap.gif

PS, throw in a little COW BELL please
strawman
Preferably baseball games, but ESPN Radio will do in a pinch. Otherwise it is classic rock or '80s New Wave for me.

My wife REALLY hates sports, so "man-cave" (aka garage) time that includes working on my car or racing karts, listening to baseball and enjoying a couple homebrews beer3.gif from the kegerator always rates highly in my book!

Geoff
HAM Inc
I love baseball on the radio. It's always easier when I can't see the Braves stinking up the home teams field.

Baseball on the radio is sort of like improv jazz. Slow tempo followed by exciting moments.

72914S
Poco,Fleetwod Mac,early Beatles,early British rock,Pure Prarie league, Jefferson Airplane and there is always a Heart disc on the changer(5 disc).Boy am I getting old.
pete-stevers
when i paint it has gotta be Mark Knoppler
which has not happened much these days...to damn busy
Heeltoe914
Thats easy F1, Indy, Touring Car, Cup Racing. Moto GP, AMA and Fast Cars Exposed, High Rev motors are music to me, With a little Judge Judy from time to time.

Judy is my Hot little girlfirend.
EyeTrip
ABC club here

Anything But Cuntry

Godsmack to The Eagles here
74914LE
It's a German Car. - Scorpions. The car responds to it!
rhodyguy
abba.
iamchappy
Led Zepplin
scotty
Car Talk Podcasts...they keep me from feeling like a total idiot (being just an idiot is okay)
LS6/914
ZZ TOP Manic Mechanic shades.gif
EdwardBlume
If it came from the 80's beer.gif
nsr-jamie
How could you work on your car while listening to Briteny spears??? Sorry don't mean to sound rude, but that is just terrible......rather have no music at all....actually that is pretty good for me, no music at all so I can concentrate....if there is going to be music I want some 80's music and late 70's punk and rock and roll....call me old if you like

Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.