Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metal surface treatment for Eng. parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Heeltoe914
I have been hearing about the process for a few years now but I am unable to find shops or engine builders that are using it.

The idea as I read it is that it adds strength to the surface and the part itself as well as cutting down friction on bearing, rings, piston, liners cranks or whatever part is treated. up to 25% less friction.

Anyone have any input to the quality or the result you have experienced using this:
http://www.wpctreatment.com/
or a like process.
I am very close to trying it and just cant pull the trigger on some race motor parts without some real world feedback.
TimT
I've used a similar prosess on a bunch of engine and transmission parts. On my 911, I had all the rockers/shafts done, the cams done, the ring and pinion done, 3-5 gearsets done, the sliders, spiders and some of the bearing races done.

I really can say if it has made any difference at all though, I haven't had any problems though either.. I think the gains are small

Used Evans Performance
Smitty911
After watching the video it appears that they are blasting it with a media, which will give you a surface that is dimpled for oil retension and some hardness changes.

This is different from engine coatings like Evans.

Looks like sandblasting all your parts might do the same thing, LOL.

Smitty
sean_v8_914
if info-mercial products are really as advertised, they will, by popular demand, hit the main stream. products like oxy clean, george foreman grill are now sold everywhere because they do as promised. products like the ron poepeal bald head instant hair spray are not found in mass distribution. (cause I bought it all)
sean_v8_914
robo pliers were an info-mercial product till Sears bought the design.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.