Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stablizer Bar Hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
914Sixer
I am stripping a 74 with front and rear stab bars. Front drop links, gromet holder, and levers are yellow zinc. Bar is painted black except on the ends.

Rear bar gromet holders are yellow zinc. Bar is black. Drop links appear to be black also.

Is this what everybody else has?
914werke
that is correct and orig. as on my 74 LE
Johny Blackstain
Same as on my LE as well. Front all yellow zinc & the back black, except for the bushing brackets. Remember to measure & center that front bar when putting the links back on. I lubed both bushings & the bar w/ teflon, then used a hammer & a foot long 2"x4" on the sway bar ends. Worked very well & easy.
Steve Snyder
Mark,

Those are the finishes on my (non-LE) '74, '73 & '76 bars and hardware. Apparently there is consistency (for once).
914runnow
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 5 2008, 08:43 PM) *

I am stripping a 74 with front and rear stab bars. Front drop links, gromet holder, and levers are yellow zinc. Bar is painted black except on the ends.

Rear bar gromet holders are yellow zinc. Bar is black. Drop links appear to be black also.

Is this what everybody else has?

Yepperz same here...Although mine are still in bags from Mother Porsche
from 10 or so years ago......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.