Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOHOO just bought a good running 2.0 for 500 bucks!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LarryR
I just bought a 2.0 out of a 99K mile 76 914 for 500 bucks! The guy was converting to electric power. I am pretty jazzed comes complete with injection and engine mgmt.

This will be going in my 72 1.7 car.

rick 918-S
nice score!
ericread
Congratulations on the score!!! Let's see ome pics!
arvcube
is that the one from NV? great buy!
LarryR
QUOTE(arvcube @ Jun 5 2008, 10:14 PM) *

is that the one from NV? great buy!

yes, its about a 3 hr drive from my house so I thought why not had the video with it running perfectly.

thanks to others for the sentiments.
SGB
Whattadeal!
brer
smilie_pokal.gif

its the week for deals.
i scored as well. not a 2L (lucky) .... a 1911 w/ reworked trans.
Root_Werks
That is a great score!
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(brer @ Jun 6 2008, 08:47 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

its the week for deals.

I'm pretty happy. I got a complete 2.0 core and an extra 78mm counterweighted crank with a set of clearanced 2.0 rods for $400.
LarryR
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jun 6 2008, 09:07 PM) *

QUOTE(brer @ Jun 6 2008, 08:47 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

its the week for deals.

I'm pretty happy. I got a complete 2.0 core and an extra 78mm counterweighted crank with a set of clearanced 2.0 rods for $400.

My story gets better. I bought the complete exhaust (VGC heat exchangers, and muffler) and the gas tank for another 250.

I bought the gas tank since my car has been sitting for like 12 or 13 years I figure a fresh tank will be a big +
aktion035.gif
ericread
Let's see.... For $500 I can get about 8 1/2 tankfuls of gas sad.gif
brer
Mine setup was delivered, squirted some gas in the webers and started it on the pallet. click click brooooom.

aktion035.gif

Cevan
Today, I just bought a running '74 2.0 with D-Jet, Fuchs (including the spare), uncracked dash, nice glass, nice bumper tops, good interior for $750. It's got a good amount of rust in the usual places, but I have a 2.0. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
LarryR
QUOTE(Cevan @ Jun 8 2008, 07:06 PM) *

Today, I just bought a running '74 2.0 with D-Jet, Fuchs (including the spare), uncracked dash, nice glass, nice bumper tops, good interior for $750. It's got a good amount of rust in the usual places, but I have a 2.0. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Holy Cow!!! That tops my deal by far! I think you just bought a 3K car for 750.
Cevan
It looks better in the pictures. It has a big gaping hole in the passenger side long.
KELTY360
Sure hope this doesn't turn into the 'Mine is bigger than yours' thread. Someone is sure to put up thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Next thing you know, Mike Z will get involved and......well, I think you can see where we're going here.

icon8.gif
LarryR
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 8 2008, 08:50 PM) *

Sure hope this doesn't turn into the 'Mine is bigger than yours' thread. Someone is sure to put up thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Next thing you know, Mike Z will get involved and......well, I think you can see where we're going here.

icon8.gif

av-943.gif nope He got the better deal I concede

However, I just went out and tried to buff off 13 years of oxidation off the original paint on my 72 (no rust poke.gif ) Looks like the OE paint is actually going to buff out and be presentable. Looks good enough that I am not going to paint it b/c pretty good OE is >> than great repaint IMHO.

Cevan
I am surprised that no one else had come to look at it. It was listed for a pretty low price.

The point of my response was that I also recently bought a 2.0 motor (with a rusty car attached) that could go into my 76hp 1.8. It's all good. The guy I bought it from wasn't going to be restoring this car so at least it won't end up rusting into the ground.
6freak
QUOTE(ericread @ Jun 5 2008, 10:07 PM) *

Congratulations on the score!!! Let's see ome pics!

Picture`s!! thats funny it looks like all the other 4 bangers out there small chair.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.