Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not 914 but Air Cooled: May need a favor Anyone near Merced,CA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
A local friend has the chance to purchase a set of rust free rockers to repair his VW Thing. They would need to be picked up in Merced and stored until he is in California in October. Can anyone do this for me? This is a good friend of mine and a VW guy. Here's his beetle.
rick 918-S
The person in Merced doesn't want to ship these rockers. They are long. Anyone?
r_towle
Where is Merced?
I have a thing buddy in SF if its close...he would do it..

Rich
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 6 2008, 08:20 AM) *

Where is Merced?
I have a thing buddy in SF if its close...he would do it..

Rich

Woo.. I don't know, 130 miles one way. I'll ask though. Thanks for the PM.
SLITS
Rick ... how soon do they need to be picked up?

Don't know if I can have our "on the road buyer" pick them up and I don't know when he's headed up 99 again.

Headrage is in Bakertucky ... it's closer than SF
I forget who is in and around Modesto ... but that's really close.
Allan
Try and contact Mark aka: computers4kids.

IIRC, he lives in Modesto.
r_towle
The THING community is pretty tight...might try asking on the Samba.

They have a door that goes all over the world...it is swapped at car shows or events.
The door has a sticker from everywhere it has been on a car....really a cool idea.
I have no idea where to door is right now, but my buddy had it for a few months and gave it off to the next guy at a car show.

Maybe we should do that with a roof...that would be hilarious.

Rich
biosurfer1
Mark lives in Visalia...hopefully, since I'm driving there today:)
echocanyons
I'm in Clovis (1hr away) and can potentially help mid-to-late next week.
rick 918-S
Very cool guys! I'll keep you posted.

I just spoke with my friend Jason. He's trying to work out the final details of the purchase. He said it would even help if someone would be willing to pick them up and ship them. The seller doesn't want to deal with shipping them. It's really not that hard. I think these could be wrapped in bubble wrap and tossed on the bus. It's not like your going to damage them...
SLITS
Ricky, Ricky, Ricky ...... why don't you have your buddies in the Saucer just beam them to ya.

Nanu - Nanu
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 6 2008, 12:01 PM) *

Ricky, Ricky, Ricky ...... why don't you have your buddies in the Saucer just beam them to ya.

Nanu - Nanu

Hi Ron! I miss you guys. The Aliens are on my list! mad.gif
Suckers jinxed my engine. Iffen I see the little bastards I'm gunna Zap em! ar15.gif assimilate.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.