Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Looking for an original 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
dempwolf@pctribe.com
I've been looking for a while, I've passed up cars I should have bought but at the time I did not know enough to know what I was passing up. If you are thinking about selling your original 6 or you know someone that is give me a call or e-mail me at dempwolf@pacbell.net Th pray.gif anks Karl
porschecb
popcorn[1].gif
Gint
That's OK I bought mine before I really knew what I really wanted. Several tens of thousands of dollars later... rolleyes.gif
dempwolf@pctribe.com
I think knowledge is the key, patience a key requirement, and the luck of the Irish getting just what you want. And that is almost unheard of!!
dempwolf@pctribe.com
I have been checking all the sites, and yes some of you are good enough to respond with original 6's for sale, but many are hoping for higher prices and waiting for a rich Europen Euro carrying buyer. I've got to be patient, I've got to remain calm, it will happen I just know it. E-mail me directly with info at dempwolf@pacbell.net Thanks for your time. smash.gif smash.gif Karl
Mr.242
headbang.gif

ME TOO! I am currently searching because my DAD and BROTHER both have Original SIX's stuffed in their garages....time for little bro to get one eh?. But also completely cool that I know where two of them are........so it is my turn to also find one.

I would love to jump on your shirt tails and see if we can "tag Team" this problem. I currently live in the Seattle area and we can share inspection time, if you would like? Let me know. mr.242@hotmail.com maybe I can't buy and you would be interested or visa versa.....? lmk confused24.gif

Oh, yea. Those family SIX's don't reside in the garages! They are driven on the TRACKs and AUTOCROSSES....I am enjoying the "mooching' off my father driving his until I can find something of my own.

Almost had one through CAMP914, but got sold out from under me. icon_bump.gif
DAMN, made a horrible Father's Day.

Good luck to all.
dempwolf@pctribe.com
Mr. 242 I'm more than happy to share, talking with someone in Oregon now that has had his since new will pass it on to you as soon as I know more. I live in Southern CA area but willing to anywhere to buy a good one. Keep in touch. Karl
Mr.242
QUOTE(dempwolf@pctribe.com @ Jun 19 2008, 02:11 PM) *

Mr. 242 I'm more than happy to share, talking with someone in Oregon now that has had his since new will pass it on to you as soon as I know more. I live in Southern CA area but willing to anywhere to buy a good one. Keep in touch. Karl

Anyone in the Bay area to help me look at a Possible 914-6 that is available for sale?

I need someone who I can trust or TWO that will give this possible car a "pelvic exam" ha ha
The term my girlfriend use, who is a nurse, when my dad, bro, and I all examined a 914 that was for sale in Seattle; "I have never seen three men give a car such a complete PELVIC EXAM!!!

But when you have two family members with 914-6's......you go over a car pretty indepth!

so Help from someone in the BAY area!

Thanks,
Mark
2pointOH
Hi there---do you have a budget you're working with on your 914-6 search?

John
2pointOH
Here's one I've seen on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sspagenameZWDVW

John
dempwolf@pctribe.com
John thanks for thinking of me. Yes I do have a budget and when things get close to 30k the car better be real close to what I want. This car was on e-bay before and when I asked Thomas his thoughts, -he tells me for less than 25k it would be an ok deal, but removing all the AC pumps and heat exchanger and plumbing would be lots of work and cost me a pretty penny. I stopped at 22k and I'm told I was outbid again. So I'm stopping. Thanks again for passing this on to me. Karl
Mr.242
Well,
I am going to San Fran to look at a 914-6 project.

I am going with my Dad so it will make for at least a nice Father\son trip!

I know that a couple other guys looked at it and didn't offer the guy the purchase price. Maybe you guys are out there and are reading this. Can I get some feedback to what you found?

Thanks,
Mr.242

Happy Hunting
6freak
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jul 7 2008, 07:30 AM) *

Well,

I know that a couple other guys looked at it and didn't offer the guy the purchase price. Maybe you guys are out there and are reading this. Can I get some feedback to what you found?

here is the link to the eBay add before he pulled it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting

There are a few pictures there. Please take a look and I am looking at a project car. I know that.
But does anyone have some comments about what they see? Wouldn't mind to hear them.

Thanks,
Mr.242

check post #10 not to bad cept 4 the chop job on the AC
BenT
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jul 7 2008, 06:30 AM) *

Well,

There are a few pictures there. Please take a look and I am looking at a project car. I know that.
But does anyone have some comments about what they see? Wouldn't mind to hear them.

Thanks,
Mr.242

Happy Hunting

Hey Mr.242,

I didn't know this is where you hang-out. I was looking for you at 914club.com. Anyway, I hope you and your dad got home safely with the car. I'm already missing owning a 914. sad.gif Though I must admit, that stack of Benjamins you gave me had a consoling effect -- until I had to give all of it my kid to take care of her problems.

All my best to you and Stu.

BenT
davep
Sorry to hear of your troubles Ben.
Happy to hear of your good fortune Mark. I'll email you.

Dave
6freak
QUOTE(BenT @ Jul 11 2008, 03:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jul 7 2008, 06:30 AM) *

Well,

Thanks,
Mr.242

Happy Hunting

Hey Mr.242,

I didn't know this is where you hang-out. I was looking for you at 914club.com. Anyway, I hope you and your dad got home safely with the car. I'm already missing owning a 914. sad.gif Though I must admit, that stack of Benjamins you gave me had a consoling effect -- until I had to give all of it my kid to take care of her problems.

All my best to you and Stu.

BenT

Ben! him and my Dad are home !all is good.But hes been laid up with kidney stones he will get back to you soon
BenT
QUOTE(davep @ Jul 14 2008, 11:24 AM) *

Sorry to hear of your troubles Ben.
Happy to hear of your good fortune Mark. I'll email you.

Dave

Cheers, Dave. There's always another 914 waiting to be acquired. It's just a question of space and money meeting at the same time.

I'm happy to know the /06 ended up in a good home.

BenT
BenT
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 14 2008, 11:34 AM) *

Ben! him and my Dad are home !all is good.But hes been laid up with kidney stones he will get back to you soon

Good know the return trip was uneventful. The more I hear about passing stones, the more I feel his pain. One baby doc decribed it to a woman friend of mine today that it was like trying to pass a cantaloupe out of your exhaust pipe. Ouch!

Cheers to MR. Thanks to beerchug.gif Dad that for being such a good enabler.

BenT
Mr.242
I am ALIVE......what a week! screwy.gif

I would explain that I discovered I had TWO different problems going on; none the less I was in pain on the trip down and back. It wasn't the stone.

The Stone dropped this last Sunday and THANK GOD for Drugs! headbang.gif

I have NEVER been in sooo much pain in my life. icon8.gif

I have been told Kidney stones are like child birth to compare the two. I can tell you all that I don't wish that on anyone.

Thanks Ben for the chance to buy your car. It is cleaning up nicely.

Anyway....back to finding a SIX for Karl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am off the market, but willing to look in the Pacific NW if something is found you need me to look at! Let me know. BEST O LUCK type.gif

MR.242

dempwolf@pctribe.com
Thanks Mr. 242 for helping satisfy my 914-6 wants and wishes. I did find something on this site that I found exciting and I need to have someone point me in the right direction. There appears to be a data base of 914-6 vin# and the history of the cars. So if someone is sending me a picture of a pig with lipstick I would be able to do some research and possibly find information a seller is not willing to share with me. Any idea where I can find this or how to use it?? Thanks for your help. Karl
seanery
just click on "914 Info" at the top of the page - several options once you arrive there biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
A '70 project car in Sacramento was just posted to the 911 RennList. I pointed the owner to this site, so there may be a new opportunity.
dempwolf@pctribe.com
Thank you Rich for the heads up. I have not made a subnote to my request for help since the car I bought may be too much 914-6 for me, it may be way over my head but I will post something if this is really for me and I intend to keep the car. If not I will keep asking for assistance, will let you know. Thanks for thinking of me Karl Dempwolf
PS the car is being shipped in from Florida, will not be able to drive it on our hilly street until I have a handbrake, will register only if this is the right car for me. KD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.