Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch ?'s for buick 215 v8 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay so I have blown it again. On my v8 conversion car my clutch was sliping badly. I decide to do the 5-lug swap & the side shift all at once. I have a complete setup off a burned six I got a while back. It had basicaly a new clutch so I just figured to use it. Unfortunately it is to big headbang.gif . I know I should have checked the sizes before. I will admit I am an idiot at times. A little wisdom on where to go from here is appreciated.

Can I just take them into an old school VW performance shop & get the right ones?

I'm not sure where to go & how about my pressure plate? It is an odd looking thing? Can it be turned & used or should I get the complete setup? Looks like an older setup for sure. I was hoping to put it back together tommorow but shot myself in the foot again screwy.gif
sixnotfour
Bummer Jamie , I am sure these guys can help,
http://www.kennedyeng.com/
rick 918-S
The clutch cover is a Sachs and has a part # and says Porsche on it. Bring it to a good Import parts seller. One that has been around a long time and have them tell you what it's off of. Same with the disc.
BIGKAT_83
Thats a 200 mm clutch. Easy to find online at the VW places. A Kennedy stage II or III clutch and pressure plate will only cost around $115.

Bob
J P Stein
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 7 2008, 12:16 AM) *

Bummer Jamie , I am sure these guys can help,
http://www.kennedyeng.com/

+1
michaelt55
Look at the pressure plate..note the KM? it stands for Kennedy manufacturing...its their stage 2 clutch I am pretty sure... anyway..it looks like mine and its a stage 2 from kennedy...

anyway..Jaime...we got to get our cars together and compare notes...
Joe Bob
I use the Kennedy stuff too....be advised they are hard on clutch tubes.

BTW.... Captain Krusty says you will die if you them...... blink.gif
JRust
There is a VW shop I had been to before a few years ago. It's about an hour away but I figured it was worth a shot to get it today. I got there a little to late (1:30) & they were only open 9-12 on saturday. So I wasted a few hours of driving today. Oh well I'm going to see if Kennedy is open today. I get it coming so I will b set next weekend. Thanks for all the advice. So I just have to wait till next weekend sad.gif
JRust
Just got it ordered! Only $215 for the clutch & pressure plate. It will ship monday no problem. So I'll have it in plenty of time for next weekend. Wish I would have checked this all out earlier. Oh well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.