Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Day 2 of Barrett-Jackson
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
speed channel.
Gint
Damn! I'm still in the hell hole.
Mountain914
A pefect "sick day" for me - so I can watch 'em all go across the block!
boxstr
I definetely will not wear my yellow jacket.
CCLINBJBUMMIN
seanery
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 23 2004, 10:19 PM)
I definetely will not wear my yellow jacket.
CCLINBJBUMMIN

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

He did buy 2 very nice cars.
the Z28 was a bit high, IMHO, considering what the COPO cars sold for.
boxstr
That COPO car was BIG MOTOR, but also not a very lovely color. The Z28 was a factroy rocket. Cross manifold and four wheel discs.
Alot of nice cars went across the block tonight,for lots of $$$$. Suprising how last night alot of nice cars, but not that much $$$$.
CCLINBJBUMMIN
seanery
Today is supposed to be the big money day. Show starts at 3pm EST, Noon PST.
rhodyguy
the guys who bought pricey those italian cars in the the 80's as an "investment" are singing the blues. the guy in the yellow coat had a couple of cocktails me thinks. very foolish bidding. nice to wake up with a hangover and nearly a quarter million dollars poorer. brock yates needs to shut up for awhile. i don't care what he drove in 1963.

kevin

NEVER chase the bid
seanery
the guy in the yellow they reported later is/was involved in professional wrestling. I think the 54 was a good buy, but the 69 pushed the limits quite a bit. I don't think he was liquored up, methinks he just has a loud, possibly overbearing personality. BUT, he did shake hands with the seller of the 54 immediately following bidding. I didn't see anyone else do that. Kudos to him for that.
rhodyguy
sean, don't forget the buyers premium and sales tax. 6% for that price i think and what ever they get in az. i wonder if the b.p. gets rolled into the total sales price. an old vette with a 265 and a powerglide just does'nt do it for me. esp for upwards of $120k.

kevin
Gint
Today is supposed to be the big money day. Show starts at 3pm EST, Noon PST.

I'll be watching today in the garage whilst working on "the tub".
Joe Ricard
What would the read head go for. She always has this sit eating grin after whispering something in the bidders ear. Then the guy pulls out the check book that reads the sky is the limit baby. I NEED that car. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.