Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hoosier A3S03's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joseph Mills
Last season I ran on some very old Yokohoma 008's which is an AX tire. The rubber had long ago lost it's suppleness, but they were still way stickier than street tires. These tires like a LOT of air.....45 to 55 lbs. As you add more air, the face, or tread of the tire stays flat, and the sidewalls just get stiffer and stiffer.

I have just fitted some Hoosier A3S03's (AX tire), on my car for this season and have been told that this model don't use a lot of air. I've been told that adding more air does not make the sidewalls stiffer (they're already stiff), but will just bubble out, or round out the tread face (thereby reducing your contact patch to the asphalt.

So for those of you autocrossing on Hoosiers, does the above sound correct? I thought I'd start out with 36 lbs. all around.

I'd be very interested in hearing what tire pressures some of you are running. Please specify if you're running the A3S05's.
Thanks.

Joseph
75 2.0L AX bound

cool.gif
Brad Roberts
Joe,

Did you get this info offline ??

B
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Mar 25 2003, 09:50 PM)
Joe,

Did you get this info offline ??

B

Brad,
Nah. I posted at an awkward time (late Fri. nite), and it just got lost over the weekend (people too hungover to think about tire pressures).

Any insight appreciated!

Joseph
75 2.0L AX bound
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.