Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bent engine mount use, fix or replace
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tmh75
I'm finally putting the engine and car back together after a 3 year rebuild (to busy to dedicate the time to it till now). Modified the engine mount last night, to compensate for new Raby full flow oil system, and noticed that it is bent. I bought the car for $600 and probably have $5000 in it by now and have maybe driven it 50 miles. Once it runs it may see 3000 miles/year So here are my questions:

1. Do you think it is bent enough to be a concern? I'm most concerned with how it may throw everything else off, i.e. trans ect.. To use it that way it is i was going to enlarge the upper left hole to match engine hole.

If I go this route should I shim one side?

2. Should I heat it up and bend it back?

3. Buy new unbent mount?

Thanks it advance, here are pics.

Click to view attachment

I like to think that I'm overthinking the whole thing, but they maybe because I
just want to drive my @#$ car.

tmh75
Other pic you can see that is is bent, probably off my 1/8" - 3/16" of on the lower left.
In fact it looks as if it the PO has already modified it , by enlarging the lower left hole.

Thanks

Todd

Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
Ideally you'd just get a new mount and wash your hands of the bent one. It depends on how much of a hurry you are in. If you are pressed for time just elongate the holes to fit.
rhodyguy
the popularity of side shift conversions should make for plenty of the early style ones being available. post a wtb. should be pretty cheap.

k
tmh75
Thanks,

WTB now listed
Cap'n Krusty
I'm sure I have a couple. PM me. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.