Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spring Up To Traverse: I'm going!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orthobiz
This is the announcement:

It’s time to make your reservation to…

Spring Up! to Traverse

Saturday, June 21st is the day to drive (Show-off) your car!

Make your way to Traverse City and meet at 12:00 at Clinch Park (the marina at the bay’s edge, downtown.) We’ll cruise around the base of West Bay to lunch at Scott’s Harbor Grill at 1:00. From there, buckle up, and watch out – a photo rally sends the group touring through Leelanau County.

At 5:30, your Up-North experience continues at the home of Greg & Karlene Currie. We will be enjoying appetizers afloat on Silver Lake. The boats will launch by 5:45 and “Flotilla” until docked back for dinner at 7:00, where an old-fashioned BBQ will be served. Bring your favorite libations.

If you are planning to come, please E-mail your immediate reservation for dinner. We need to get a count for the caterer ASAP! Then you can mail the $25/per person to Karlene Currie at the address below, or for the procrastinators, will collect that day.

Greg & Karlene Currie (231) 941-7760.
E-Mail: LakesideCurrie@CharterMI.net

1350 N. West Silver Lake Road; Traverse City, MI 49684.
Questions? Call…
Curie House: (231) 941-7760
Greg Cell: (231) 632-2232
Karlene Cell: (231) 632-2233

The hotels closest to Currie’s home are:
Baymont Inn (231) 933-4454
Courtyard by Marriott (231) 929-1800
Fairfield Inn (231) 922-7900
-These are located near the Grand Traverse Mall at the intersection of US-31 and Airport Road.

If you wish to golf, there is a beautiful course, “The Crown”, conveniently located just up the road from Currie’s. (231) 946-2975

For early enjoyment of Traverse City, park the car at Clinch and walk across the street to Downtown Farmer’s Market. (Saturday 8 AM – Noon)

See you in Traverse City!
orthobiz
Hey, I'm actually going to a Porsche event!!! Whoohoo.

Would love to see other 914's out there. Anybody nearby?

Paul
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Paul:

I would love to be there, that part of Mich. is beautiful , Grand Traverse

bay and the Kewana (sp) peninsula. But we have a outing with our local P.C.A.

Chapter. Dave slap.gif

orthobiz
Thanks, Dave.

How about Bliznik!

Paul

TJB/914
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 8 2008, 06:09 PM) *

Thanks, Dave.

How about Bliznik!

Paul

Hi Paul,

My engine is out of the car for a camshaft changeout. It's going to be late July before it's back on the road. My plans were to have it done sooner, but grandkids, birthdays, etc. etc. got in the way. headbang.gif

Traverse Bay is a beautiful location for a Porsche outing. pray.gif Be sure to take pictures & post.

Tom
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 8 2008, 07:01 PM) *

This is the announcement:

It’s time to make your reservation to…

Spring Up! to Traverse

Saturday, June 21st is the day to drive (Show-off) your car!

Make your way to Traverse City and meet at 12:00 at Clinch Park (the marina at the bay’s edge, downtown.) We’ll cruise around the base of West Bay to lunch at Scott’s Harbor Grill at 1:00. From there, buckle up, and watch out – a photo rally sends the group touring through Leelanau County.

At 5:30, your Up-North experience continues at the home of Greg & Karlene Currie. We will be enjoying appetizers afloat on Silver Lake. The boats will launch by 5:45 and “Flotilla” until docked back for dinner at 7:00, where an old-fashioned BBQ will be served. Bring your favorite libations.

If you are planning to come, please E-mail your immediate reservation for dinner. We need to get a count for the caterer ASAP! Then you can mail the $25/per person to Karlene Currie at the address below, or for the procrastinators, will collect that day.

Greg & Karlene Currie (231) 941-7760.
E-Mail: LakesideCurrie@CharterMI.net

1350 N. West Silver Lake Road; Traverse City, MI 49684.
Questions? Call…
Curie House: (231) 941-7760
Greg Cell: (231) 632-2232
Karlene Cell: (231) 632-2233

The hotels closest to Currie’s home are:
Baymont Inn (231) 933-4454
Courtyard by Marriott (231) 929-1800
Fairfield Inn (231) 922-7900
-These are located near the Grand Traverse Mall at the intersection of US-31 and Airport Road.

If you wish to golf, there is a beautiful course, “The Crown”, conveniently located just up the road from Currie’s. (231) 946-2975

For early enjoyment of Traverse City, park the car at Clinch and walk across the street to Downtown Farmer’s Market. (Saturday 8 AM – Noon)

See you in Traverse City!

Biz,

Wish I could be there!

Did the Traverse City Parade years ago & it one of the best times I've had with my 914. Lotsa interesting wine around the peninsula. Sand dunes? How about mountains?

Anyone in the nearby areas that miss this are crazy! But, 800 miles keeps me away THIS time.
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.