Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Project Anklebiter Build Thread.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
tdgray
Congrats on the job... you are really working hard... nice to see.

Can't wait for the progress to continue.
914forme
I love the 914, but I am sorry, it pales in comparison to your architectural design. Keep that part up, the car has a limited focus, but some of these spaces are just incredible!!!!! aktion035.gif pray.gif wub.gif
JmuRiz
Site blocked at my work, I'll check at home.

My wife is in the interior architecture/design field, so your work hours are something I understand. Sometimes I have to give her quick updates on what's going on in the world/news.

Good to have an update from you!
Mr.242
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Jan 26 2015, 07:38 AM) *

In other news I have just accepted a job with ZGF Architects in Seattle so look out Northwest Contingent, you are about to gain a member!

DaneStokes.com

Wahooo! Another PNW Teener! If Anklebiter counts....
trojanhorsepower
piratenanner.gif
Another reason to look forward to summer.
db9146
Okay Dane,

Its July, 2015!!!!!

Let's get back to it.....we have all been waiting patiently.

biggrin.gif
Mueller
Congrats on school and the job...so glad you are going to start working on the 914 again!

Wasn't there talk of the next WCR being up North in the Seattle area?
Annapolis914
Go Quakers.........great education. Spent a lot of years and money there, and daughter just graduated from Wharton. Best of luck in career.
3d914
Awesome work Dana! You definitely have the goods for the field. Best wishes for a long and productive career.
worn
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Jan 26 2015, 08:38 AM) *

Hey Everybody,

I just wanted to check in and see how everybody is doing. Finally the end of the Anklebiter's long hiatus is drawing to a close. I just started my last semester at UPenn, which means this summer will see my joyful return to the garage! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

In other news I have just accepted a job with ZGF Architects in Seattle so look out Northwest Contingent, you are about to gain a member!

I look forward to becoming more active on the forum soon, I have been so busy over the last 3 years the internet has become a luxury, to see the work that has been keeping me from you check out DaneStokes.com

My father was a Seattle architect. Good luck and may you finish many projects. Especially in the Porsche variety. You have to have something besides fame and fortune.
plymouth37
Well, 3 years has come and gone, I graduated with a Masters degree in Architecture from Penn in May:
Click to view attachment
11 days later we welcomed our first child into the world:
Click to view attachment
and now we are relocating to Seattle!
But don't worry, I stopped by Cheyenne to pick up an old friend I have been missing for a long time now:
Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
piratenanner.gif drunk.gif cheer.gif drooley.gif aktion035.gif
time to get sawzall-smiley.gif and back at it using all that new found knowledge and expertice!looking forward to seeing this back on track
DRPHIL914
Oh, and congradulations on both of those recent developments!
Ferg
Congrats on everything. You are doing it right as usual aktion035.gif
plymouth37
It looks like she weathered the storage pretty well, it is going to be tough to remember everything I was half done with, should have left myself a note on what to do next!
Click to view attachment
plymouth37
Time to throw her on a trailer and head West!
Click to view attachment
KELTY360
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Jul 29 2015, 10:21 AM) *

it is going to be tough to remember everything I was half done with, should have left myself a note on what to do next!

Just a reminder dude, you cut your car in half! slap.gif lol-2.gif

Congratulations Dana! New baby! New sheepskin! New job! That's the trifecta. Looking forward to seeing you in the NW. Do you know where you'll be living yet?

BTW, if you need some storage space I can always move Greenie's 911 outside to make room for the Anklebiter.
wingnut86
Dane,

I can't remember if I congratulated you, so, here ya go!

drunk.gif

happy11.gif

Dave B...
wingnut86
...note to self.

WELDING RODS!!!

...and JB Weld
beer.gif

QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Jul 29 2015, 01:21 PM) *

It looks like she weathered the storage pretty well, it is going to be tough to remember everything I was half done with, should have left myself a note on what to do next!
Click to view attachment

iwanta914-6
I'm still new around here (though I've technically been a member for a while), but can we even call this a 914 anymore? It looks about 15% 914 and the rest is completely custom and Subie powered. Just a thought and maybe it came up in one of the other 53 pages that I haven't gone through completely, lol. Very interesting build, that's for sure!
KELTY360
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Jul 29 2015, 12:23 PM) *

I'm still new around here (though I've technically been a member for a while), but can we even call this a 914 anymore? It looks about 15% 914 and the rest is completely custom and Subie powered. Just a thought and maybe it came up in one of the other 53 pages that I haven't gone through completely, lol. Very interesting build, that's for sure!

Read the other 53 pages.
Millerwelds
oh my Gawd I am sooo f'in excited to see some progress on this. By far my favorite build. So outside the box and crazy and awesome and so on. beerchug.gif

And now there is an actual Anklebiter to work on it too! Congrats!
Cairo94507
Congratulations X3! I so look forward to seeing this car move forward. Oh, remember to add windshield wipers to your build sheet.....
EdwardBlume
Congratulations on everything!

We're all looking forward to you picking up on your project!
JRust
piratenanner.gif WOOHOO! So glad to see this come back to life. Plus your moving closer to me so I might actually get to see it. Awesome
ice cold
Congratulations Dane,
I spent an evening reading the entire thread waiting to see what was next. I am glad to see you are back because there is nothing worse than a novel without an ending. You have an awesome imagination and some mad skillz. I am sure with your drive and ambition your project's completion and a very successful life are inevitable. Congratulations again and get back to work!!

Chris
dudzy's914
This is a coincidence! I was just reading this thread this morning! I look up to you and your amazing skills smile.gif
76-914

If it walks like a Duck and quacks like a Duck then yes, we can call it a 914.
plymouth37
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 29 2015, 07:44 PM) *

If it has more than a quarter million views on a 914 site it might be a 914 biggrin.gif
plymouth37
All loaded up and wrapped, ready to hit the road!
Click to view attachment
plymouth37
Sealed for freshness...
Click to view attachment
Ferg
It's not blue tape, but it will do biggrin.gif
flipb
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Jul 30 2015, 01:23 PM) *

Sealed for freshness...
Click to view attachment

I can't wait to see spy photos of this on automotive blogs, speculating what it might be... "New Baby Boxster?!!"
rick 918-S
sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif aktion035.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 29 2015, 08:44 PM) *

I'f I'm remembering right this is the ORIGINAL Renegade Subaru car. The one in many of the videos. Orange with polished Fuchs. He then made a few "tasteful mods". It's gonna be awesome when done.
JeffBowlsby
Reminds me of an embryonic sac...just visible enough to make something out, but not enough detail to know what it might become...
thieuster
I just found this thread. I spent some time reading 'diagonally' through a few - in fact a lot- pages, looking at the pics. And every pic amazes me more! What a fantastic job you're tackling. I think I can safely say that I'm quite handy with most tools, but this... You are lightyears ahead of me!

I will start to follow this with a lot of interest!

Menno
Millerwelds
QUOTE(flipb @ Jul 30 2015, 10:32 AM) *

I can't wait to see spy photos of this on automotive blogs, speculating what it might be... "New Baby Boxster?!!"

The next Bugatti Veyron...
plymouth37
They don't call it "Big Sky Country" for nothing! My cocktail of plastic wrap, duct tape, and tie down straps seems to be holding so far!
Getting a lot of attention on the road and lots of questions at gas stations, makes me excited to get this thing on the road under its own power!
Click to view attachment
Spoke
Congrats on your graduation. Good luck with future endeavors.

Can't wait to see this project move forward. That's one bad-ass vehicle.
shoguneagle
IT IS BACK!!!!! Now, I have to re-read the entire file to get caught up again on this build. Us older people take longer and longer to get through reading these threads and understanding what is going on. DO NOT LEAVE US HANGING AGAIN WITHOUT FINISHING THIS PROJECT!!!! LOL!!

Congratulations of finishing school and getting back to the project. I have missed this thread and the building of your dream car. The project is one of the more interesting items on the board and will be back following it with extreme interest.

Welcome back!

Now that all the greetings are out of the way; GET BACK TO WORK AND KEEP US ENTERTAINED AND INFORMED! Again, LOL/LOL/LOL/ETC.

Steve Hurt
ruby914
Congratulations on your graduation.
"11 days later we welcomed our first child into the world" That would be Anklebiter II!
Congratulations again! Good to see your back at it. popcorn[1].gif
KELTY360
I see you're heading for Snoqualmie; beautiful place at the foot of Mt. Si. Are you heading for Old Snoqualmie or New Snoqualmie?
FourBlades

This is big news!

Good luck with everything. beer3.gif

John
plymouth37
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 30 2015, 05:08 PM) *

I see you're heading for Snoqualmie; beautiful place at the foot of Mt. Si. Are you heading for Old Snoqualmie or New Snoqualmie?

We got a little house in old town, near the old depot.
KELTY360
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Jul 30 2015, 04:35 PM) *

Excellent, I couldn't picture you in those sterile suburbs on the hill. How's your shop?
wingnut86

Geez Dane, you could have used "wreck wrap" in blue beer.gif

you know, you should really print out some cheap Gucci-flage and hide certain aspects of the car as you drive - all of us here could sign a non-dosclosure and giggle like crazy when the car mags start their coverage aktion035.gif
Mike Bellis
Welcome back Dane. Your car is the cover pic on the Facebook 914 Outlaw group. Looking forward to progress!
Krieger
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Jul 30 2015, 10:23 AM) *

Sealed for freshness...
Click to view attachment

I'm really loving the shape of this "wrap" job of yours. I think you need to build a second set of aluminum or glass front and rear body clips similar to this that you could change out depending on how bad ass you feel! idea.gif
plymouth37
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 30 2015, 06:09 PM) *

QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Jul 30 2015, 04:35 PM) *

Excellent, I couldn't picture you in those sterile suburbs on the hill. How's your shop?

Exactly, give me a 100 year old house over a new one any day! The shop isn't huge, like a one and a half car. Luckily the huge chassis fabrication projects are behind me, mostly going to focus on getting the chassis running and driving next so space shouldn't be an issue. The shop is super old, with good character, just need to hang a bunch of crap on the walls and it should be perfect!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.