Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT; WA guys? Kirkland even better
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Hey you Washington guys?
I have a dilema. My 13 year old twin daughters are really into skateboarding. Turns out there is a Girls skateboard camp this summer in Kirkland. It is the week of WCR the 7-11th from 10-4. I took the week off of work to make sure my car was done for the weekend. So I have the week off & could make my daughters extremely happy. There are a couple issues though
1. What the hell am I going to do all day while they are there?
2. Any decent hotels that won't break the bank?
3. Anyone have kids my daughters age?
4. On friday I was hoping to be to WCR early? How can I manage that? How far away is WCR from kirkland?
5. The whole WCR weekend overall with only one passenger seat?

I will be towing my 914 up with my Excursion. I plan to drive my 914 as much as possible up there. Basically I want to make my daughters happy without totally screwing my weekend. Any suggestions are appreciated. Anyone that has kids their age they could maybe hang with some would be ideal. Like friday night maybe. I'd love to tinker with 914's during the day while they are in camp.

Thats about it. I've got to decide pretty soon confused24.gif
messix
i'll most likely have my daughter that weekend, she 8, but has much older sisters. and if i can find a close place for my toy hauler i might bring it down for her and your kids to hang out and play vid games or watch movies.

as for only only being a two seater i'm sure there will be open seats in some cars.

i'm thinking of ask the city hall right next door if i could park in their parking lot over the week end, or maybe not.
PeeGreen 914
Hey Jamie

Well Kirkland is about 15 to 20 minutes from the Issaquah location. For less expensive hotels to stay in you can look in Bothell and Lynnwood. Then you will want to move to the WCR location. If yoiu have any questions you can always call me. I could find out if there is room at my parents house if you'd like but it is about 30 minutes from Kirkland. It is a nice vataction place though.
messix
i think the silver cloud inn @ totem lake is "cheaper"

well i look for it to post a link but the name must have changed.
you should be able to find something affordable around bellevue/ kirkland, totem lake is a little north and still part of kirkland.
JRust
I'm not really all that worried about hotels. I am sure there are some that are reasonable. It's everything hat goes with it. Eating out everyday of the week barf.gif . Who is close by? I guess I was hoping for the ultimate. Maybe someone with daughters my age & that were into skating too. That was also going to the same camp screwy.gif . I know that is a little unrealistic but you never know. Sometimes the stars align just right confused24.gif .

I don't know I've got some figuring to do. I do have some family in Seattle I could stay with. Just means extra driving. The driving I wouldn't mind with my 914. Having 2 girls though kinda screws that. Which means I'm in my Excursion. Then I am either towing my 914 the whole time. Or if I had a safe place to drop it off? Anyone close by there that has room for my trailer & 914? Maybe I need to just go buy a toy hauler that will fit my car & give me a place to stay?
PeeGreen 914
If you need a place to keep the trailer you could drop it off at my place. I have plenty of parking in front of my house that is fine for it. I am North of where everything is though.
JRust
I'll let you know John. The more I think about it the more I don't think I take them to the camp. Just to much going on overall. I'd really like to enjoy the WCR & not have any worries. Well other than my car running the whole time anyway. I am still kicking it around. Realistically my daughter's are going more places than me this summer. So if they miss this camp it really is no big thing. I will definately let you know if I come up for the whole week with them. Thanks for the help smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
No problem aktion035.gif
6freak
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 9 2008, 09:15 PM) *

I'll let you know John. The more I think about it the more I don't think I take them to the camp. Just to much going on overall. I'd really like to enjoy the WCR & not have any worries. Well other than my car running the whole time anyway. I am still kicking it around. Realistically my daughter's are going more places than me this summer. So if they miss this camp it really is no big thing. I will definately let you know if I come up for the whole week with them. Thanks for the help smile.gif

hello
.i have a acre of land in Tacoma you could pitch a tent for the girls and you could stay in the guest room or what ever i have two boys 15 and 16( good kids)and a big drive for the girls to do the skate thing and there is a skate board park about 1/2 mile easy walk for the kids and.
everything you could want less then 3 blocks away ...your welcome to it LMK p.s and a big shop. ....20minutes from wcc

JRust
QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 9 2008, 10:36 PM) *

hello
.i have a acre of land in Tacoma you could pitch a tent for the girls and you could stay in the guest room or what ever i have two boys 15 and 16( good kids)and a big drive for the girls to do the skate thing and there is a skate board park about 1/2 mile easy walk for the kids and.
everything you could want less then 3 blocks away ...your welcome to it LMK p.s and a big shop. ....20minutes from wcc

Very nice offer. I will let you know soon if I am heading up early. I think I will probably just be coming up myself. It makes things so much easier. We'll see though. Thanks again for the offer guys. Either way I will be seeing you soon biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.