Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: Look what my wife drove home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
She took her Jetta in for service and they had this in the loaner pool. My eight year old daughter went nuts about it. My wife hated it. The windshield is about five feet from your nose and you can't see the hood at all.
My daughter said it would be a great car to take on a trip 'cause you could lay the map on the dash and leave it there for the whole trip. laugh.gif
Joe Bob
DIE YUPPIE DIE>>>>>>> fighting19.gif
URY914
This is not a car for a grown man to drive. I took my girl to school this morning in it. Felt like everyone there was says to themselves, "he finally came out of the closet"...

Paul
redshift
I hate the way they feel inside, like you say, it's about 10 clicks to the nearest window.

heh

The turbo moves out of it's own way, not gracefully... well... moreso than a teener..

M
vortrex
my mom is 60 and drives one. I also feel a little silly in it.
JeffBowlsby
Its a girls car, mostly women buy them.
nyum96
I have one. Yes, the chicks love them. Mine, its a turbo with a twist. It hugs the road like the 914, Believe it or not. Its a love/hate relationship. My reasoning for buying one was saftey. That 2 feet of dash space, combined with 4 airbags, and a 200 hp(w/mods) engine is worthwhile. The Turbo S with a 6 speed is desirable.

Its also fun at 130+

With a 2.0 or 1.9 I would never buy one.

BB
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 23 2004, 08:15 PM)
Felt like everyone there was says to themselves, "he finally came out of the closet"...

Paul

ya should'a took the flower outta 'da vase laugh.gif

I like the paint job beer.gif

.........b
rick 918-S
My wife and I went to test drive one when they first came out. I sat behind the wheel and never closed the drivers door. I couldn't get out of the thing fast enough. I hate the space in front of the steering wheel to the base of the windsheild. Can't see the front clip at all. I've adjusted damage on some for them since. Safety is hit and miss literally. I had one that had no front clip left and the entire motor and transaxle fell out completely.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Jan 23 2004, 09:32 PM)
Safety is hit and miss ...

a wise man is among us ... pray.gif
Dave_Darling
Irony:

This afternoon, I helped a buddy of mine buy one. TDI, in silver. He also has a diesel Benz (older 240D) but the rings went in it. So he got approval from the wife to buy the New Beetle TDI, and did so today.

If you wanna tell him it's a chick car, just lemme get the hell out of the way first... wink.gif (NB--the guy in question looks like, and is, a Harley rider. He also lifts weights at the gym. A lot of weights...)

--DD
maf914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 23 2004, 07:15 PM)
Felt like everyone there was says to themselves, "he finally came out of the closet"...

Yeah, well, we were all wondering about that. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
seanery
So what yer sayin' dave is that he looks like a gay biker? laugh.gif
Rgreen914
My wife bought one to drive to work in. I drive it a lot and women often tell me, "I like your car...!" It's okay and gets good mileage; it's a hell of an improvement over the orginal version, comfortwise if nothing else. Yeah, the aircraft carrier dash takes some getting used to but the air conditioner works great but the car's way too quiet.
Hawktel
My GF hated it. She loved the looks, we test drove one, she went two blocks, U turned, and took it back. She loves her Passat though.
machina
I had one for a couple years for a daily driver. Maybe I am a girl but my C2S kind of made up for it.

And the Bug toasted a couple boxsters at the auto-x, but there were girls driving them. smile.gif

dr
machina
And yes I ran the 5 spoke cup wheels from the C2S on the bug. (with adapters) Only the fronts fit though, had to get a second set of 7's to complete the set.

dr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.