Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driving the 914 is good for your heart
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bartlett 914
I read in the paper today a study showed that vitamin D that is produced in the body from sunlight exposure is good for your heart. People without this vitamin had a higher incidence of heart attacks.

So take that top off and drive your car every day! driving.gif
Root_Werks
dry.gif Still raining up here.
736conver
Not to be johnny downer or put a cloud on your sunshine, but exposure to the sun without protection will get ya on the other end.
I have 7 small little scars that used to be moles on me to prove it.
While heart diesease is number one killer, cancer is number two.

GringoLoco
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 10 2008, 09:22 AM) *

Check yer forecast. We're supposed to get several days in a row of sun and 70's later in the week. No 914, so I'm whipping out the Harley. piratenanner.gif
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(736conver @ Jun 10 2008, 08:45 AM) *

Not to be johnny downer or put a cloud on your sunshine, but exposure to the sun without protection will get ya on the other end.

The evidence is that some sun is good. We cannot hide in the dark all the time. I cannot think of anything where excess in it is good for you.
736conver
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Jun 10 2008, 12:12 PM) *

QUOTE(736conver @ Jun 10 2008, 08:45 AM) *

The evidence is that some sun is good. We cannot hide in the dark all the time. I cannot think of anything where excess in it is good for you.

agree.gif Correct even my grandmother who died at 90 always said... do everything in moderation. beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif
helios

....and snowing (in mountain passes from what I've been hearing)! WTF.gif It is supposed to be June.....isn't it?
blitZ
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Jun 10 2008, 01:12 PM) *

...and there you have it. Take off your roof, drive nekked, wear plenty of sun screen.
AvalonFal
QUOTE(helios @ Jun 10 2008, 04:21 PM) *

....and snowing (in mountain passes from what I've been hearing)! WTF.gif It is supposed to be June.....isn't it?

4th straight day of 95+ here. TOO much sun!!

Paul
scottb
drive faster and sweat evaporates creating cooling! driving.gif

95F today sitting in traffic with the top off due to a wreck ahead. hot, but who cares.... i am in a 914 on a sunny day. my heart felt quite well thank you..... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.