Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beetle flapper boxes compatible?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MrKona
Tweeks has Beetle heater flapper boxes for $49.99. Are these compatible with the 914 exhaust system? Different size?

Flapper boxes
ChrisFoley
914 replacements are the same thing nowadays. The main thing different from original is the angle of the outlet tube.
MrKona
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 10 2008, 11:32 AM) *

914 replacements are the same thing nowadays. The main thing different from original is the angle of the outlet tube.

Interesting... Trying to remember flapper box anatomy, as mine at disconnected at the moment. That is the end that meets the paper tube? Therefore, would a slightly different angle even make a difference in compatibility?
Cap'n Krusty
Before you get all excited, the angle of the lever is incompatible with out cars. It's also possible the tubes are a different diameter, but I'm not sure about that. At the very least, you'll have to cut, reposition, and weld the levers on the shafts. The Cap'n
MrKona
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 10 2008, 12:26 PM) *

Before you get all excited, the angle of the lever is incompatible with out cars. It's also possible the tubes are a different diameter, but I'm not sure about that. At the very least, you'll have to cut, reposition, and weld the levers on the shafts. The Cap'n

Thanks Cap'n. It did sound too good to be that easy. I appreciate your input.
rjames
I just picked up two NOS boxes (left and right) for $125.00 total.
Good deals can still be found out there...
rhodyguy
rob, did you get them private party or retail?

k
MrKona
QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 10 2008, 01:50 PM) *

Did you happen to just get them off of Ebay yesterday? If you did, you beat me to it! I hesitated. Argh! mad.gif biggrin.gif
rjames
QUOTE(MrKona @ Jun 10 2008, 01:57 PM) *

Did you happen to just get them off of Ebay yesterday? If you did, you beat me to it! I hesitated. Argh! mad.gif biggrin.gif

Yup, that was me. shades.gif I won't know if they are the real deal until they arrive.
It will probably be the last time that I'll ever find a 914 NOS part that I can actually afford to buy- Especially on EvilBay. biggrin.gif
Seeing as one still has the sticker on it I will probably feel a little guilty installing them on my ok from 30' car.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
MrKona
QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 10 2008, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(MrKona @ Jun 10 2008, 01:57 PM) *

Seeing as one still has the sticker on it I will probably feel a little guilty installing them on my ok from 30' car.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Those are them! Look - I don't want you to feel guilty about putting them on your car. As a favor to a fellow teener, I will take them off of your hands and I'll give you what you paid for them. biggrin.gif Seriously, nice find! Given the worn Porsche sticker, I assume they're the real deal.
jd74914
I have some of these too (also with the stickers on them). I too felt bad putting them into use laugh.gif
davep
I wouldn't fell bad about it at all, and might be persuaded to part with a spare set.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.