Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just did a leakdown
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
I bought an engine from a guy Cali. Some of you may remember my thread where I did the swap of my used/ new 2.4l and my 2.0l 6. Ever since it has been popping and not running 100% correct. We had to rejet the carbs and I just changed the vacuum ports from the carbs to the manifold. Don't know if that solved the problem yet as I needed to do a leakdown just to make sure. So I really don't know too much about the numbers, but I think anything under 10 is good and anything under 15 is okay. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So here are the numbers:

#1- 10
#2- 6
#3- 14
#4- 9
#5- 8
#6- 8

What do you think?
sww914
Not bad. You're supposed to do it on a warm engine. Was it warm? if it was cold those are very good.
championgt1
Jon,

I did not know you were having problems. It sounded great at autocross.

Hope everything is good!
PeeGreen 914
Yeah... it was cold.

Jack- well, it sounded good but it really isn't running right. We are working on getting it right. I can still drive it just fine but it pops a little more than I like.

I think what the problem we were seeing was that it was getting no vacuum causing us to have to run the engine more retarded than it should be. The distributor is one tooth off, and now that I have a vacuum signal we can change that. I hope Jeff will be able to help me with this as he just knows these engines so well. The only reason it was running as well as it was is because of him.
rhodyguy
jon, at the ax it ran like crazy when you had your foot into it and it wasn't like dynomite was going off while rolling down. a little rough tipping in the throttle so perhaps it's as simple as the timing.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.