Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cam spec.'s right for my engine?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jarclay
I am thinking about making an offer on a cam but don't know if it will work with my package. What I am putting together is a 73 2.0 with flat top 96mm pistons 2.0 heads with larger valves, double springs, polished and simply beautiful.
40 mm webers and standard h.e.'s with a monza muffler.
Speak up and help a brother out. Would you use this grind or another?
As always thanks,
Jarclay
jarclay
QUOTE(jarclay @ Jun 12 2008, 06:56 AM) *

I am thinking about making an offer on a cam but don't know if it will work with my package. What I am putting together is a 73 2.0 with flat top 96mm pistons 2.0 heads with larger valves, double springs, polished and simply beautiful.
40 mm webers and standard h.e.'s with a monza muffler.
Speak up and help a brother out. Would you use this grind or another?
As always thanks,
Jarclay
Sorry I got inter. while posting. the dur. is 275. and the lift is 410.
jmill
Jake Raby is who to turn to. Give him a call and ask. With bigger valves and dual springs I myself would go with a higher lift. You might want to think about a more free flowing exhaust to compliment the larger valves.
Borderline
Sounds similar to mine: .400 lift 268* duration on a 1911cc. I get max torque at about 4200rpm. The longer duration will probably move you up some. My engine runs great with similar set up as yours, but the head temps get up there pretty quick!! My next cam will be from Raby. He has good knowledge on T4 cams and what to do to keep the head temps down. You would be well advised to contact him for your cam. It would be money well spent. biggrin.gif
brer
flow your heads and see where their max flow is.
IRC your cam should peak 20% beyond max flow of the heads to be perfect.
(correct me if i'm off on that number)

if you know how your heads flow it makes cam choice more informed.
gives you a starting point at the very least.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.