bye1.gif Andy
McMark
agree.gif
markb
I pulled this one from a parts car.

Click to view attachment
914werke
Mark that looks extensive blink.gif
Does it *plug* into the main harness or do you have to splice it onto?
what are the color codes or are the diff for diff model yrs?
SirAndy
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jun 12 2008, 01:59 PM) *

Mark that looks extensive blink.gif
Does it *plug* into the main harness or do you have to splice it onto?
what are the color codes or are the diff for diff model yrs?

let me repeat: "connects to the relay board" biggrin.gif

on the relay board, there are two fuses towards the front of the car, the connector for the defroster harness in right in front of those, two prongs sticking out of the relay board.

- the wires for the defroster harness are yellow/red and green. yellow/red goes to the left prong, green to the right.

- you'll also need a relay in the relay socket that is the furthest towards the front of the board, also called the " Window Heater Relay".

- the fuse furthest towards the front of the board is for the rear window heater and should be a 8A fuse.

btw. all that info can be found in the haynes manual on page 147, 154 and 161, depending on the year of your car.

the wiring for the defroster harness is the same for all years.
bye1.gif Andy
markb
Andy beat me to it. smile.gif
Rand
Rich, let me know if you need any of that as I may still have part of it (at least the connector that plugs into the relay board and some of the wires).
McMark
If someone would be so kind as to extensively document the harness, I would very much appreciate it. Off the top of my head, I would love to see:

1. wire colors
2. wire lengths
3. connector pictures (various angles and measuring tape for size)

biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
I would be happy to document it for free, maybe even build them if it can be sent to me.
jim_hoyland
Just installed one. Wires start at dash with the rear window defrost switch. The switch activates the relay in the engine compartment-as stated already. There is a special connector that plugs onto the two posts you see at the rear of your relay board; one 12v from the dash swtch, the other 12v to the window. That wire passes back into the car and connects to the rear window on the passenger side.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.