Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914-4 "RS"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
a.mistak914
I built this car to be used as a trainer car for my kids in Auto crosses and speed events. Along the way we ended up with a very competitive auto cross car with multiple TTODs in San Diego. I would consider the car a Cafe Style Racer in the spirit of motorcycle racing. Hence the gutted and simple interior. The car began as a 1974 2.0 Liter in great condition. It was stripped and the following was added:

Motor: 2.4 Liter Black Forest Built 4 Cylinder. It was built for good mid to high range torque. Recently rebuilt with less than 500 miles since the rebuild, that includes no racing.

Transmission: Rebuilt with short gears and a factory LSD.

Suspension: Front: 911 RSR Coil-over Bilsteins, with 930 front brakes.
Rear: Reinforced trailing arms with mono ball bearings mounts, double adjustable Koni shocks. 930 brakes in the rear as well.

Wheels/Tires: Front: 225/45/17 on 8 inch wide Turbo twist wheels with new Kuhmo Tires.
Rear: 275/40/17 on 9 inch Turbo twist wheels with new Kuhmos.

Custom front steel flares and custom fiberglass rear flares.
Call for any further information: Ron: 951 314 3600
Asking $17,500.
IPB Image
a.mistak914
QUOTE(a.mistak914 @ Jun 12 2008, 02:46 PM) *

I built this car to be used as a trainer car for my kids in Auto crosses and speed events. Along the way we ended up with a very competitive auto cross car with multiple TTODs in San Diego. I would consider the car a Cafe Style Racer in the spirit of motorcycle racing. Hence the gutted and simple interior. The car began as a 1974 2.0 Liter in great condition. It was stripped and the following was added:

Motor: 2.4 Liter Black Forest Built 4 Cylinder. It was built for good mid to high range torque. Recently rebuilt with less than 500 miles since the rebuild, that includes no racing.

Transmission: Rebuilt with short gears and a factory LSD.

Suspension: Front: 911 RSR Coil-over Bilsteins, with 930 front brakes.
Rear: Reinforced trailing arms with mono ball bearings mounts, double adjustable Koni shocks. 930 brakes in the rear as well.

Wheels/Tires: Front: 225/45/17 on 8 inch wide Turbo twist wheels with new Kuhmo Tires.
Rear: 275/40/17 on 9 inch Turbo twist wheels with new Kuhmos.

Custom front steel flares and custom fiberglass rear flares.
Call for any further information: Ron: 951 314 3600
Asking $17,500. OBO

Bumpage.
a.mistak914
Bump.
sean_v8_914
17 grand for a gutted modified 4 cylinder car is not in line with current market values

nice original 4 cylinder examples have trouble hitting those numbers. a six conversion could fetch 17K
carr914
Sean, no offense, but I don't like it when people chime in with what they think a car is worth or not worth. If you are not in the market for this car, why try to kill the guys sale?

The market is what a particular car gets, period.

Good Luck Ron.

T.C.
URY914
I gotta agree with T.C. here. If you don't like the price than keep it to yourself.

I know several members that don't post items for sale here because of this kind of reply.
BKLA
Not in the market, but I'd love to see more pictures!!!

biggrin.gif
sean_v8_914
midol boys
Heeltoe914
Nice lookin car I am sure from what I have put into my 4 banger 2.4 monster that you also got a lot into the motor.

Good luck with the sale.

Free bump.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.