Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can I get my tank cleaned
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
736conver
Title says it all. Where can I send my aluminum 914-6 oil tank to get it hot tanked. It's been unused for a couple of years, and I would like piece of mind before I hook it up to my 2.2 engine. Anybody know where I can send it. I'm in southern Wisconsin so the closer the better, but quality counts so location isnt that important.
boxstr
I would start with radiator repair shops and or fuel tank repair shops. Ask them if the do the hot tanking. ANd then tell them what you have and ask if they have ever done an aluminum tank before. Ask price also, so you are not suprised.
CCLINTANKGIRL
J P Stein
I dunno.....who do you trust, yourself or some kid at a radiator shop?

Were it me, I'd just plug the openings (cept one), fill it half way with solvent and "do the herky-jerky".

Repeat as necessary till the solvent comes out clean. Pour it onto clean paper towels to look for shittage. Mineral spirits (paint thinner) is what's sold as solvent these days.....couple-3 gal ought to do it.
736conver
JP That's exactly why I posted this message. I want someone who might have done it already and knows of a good shop. I've called around and there's no place around me. Found plenty of places for the gas tank but not for an aluminum oil tank.

If no one can help out with a shop I guess I will end up doing it myself.
boxstr
JP would call a 50 year old man a kid. laugh.gif
CCLIAARP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.