Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picked up my powder coated parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
This is the first time that I have had anything powder coated. It won't be the last!

The color is black chrome. The color should look good on a signal orange car with black fender wells and black bottom side. - for those oh so few times that anyone will actually see the suspension parts.
Doug Leggins
Here is a closer look.
Doug Leggins
on signal orange
Eric_Shea
Beautious! smilie_pokal.gif
Doug Leggins
and one more...against black
soloracer
Forget the powder coated parts - let's see some pictures of the classic vette!!!
seanery
doug, it looks great!

where is your powdercoater? I tried to find them once, but had no luck.
Gint
Very nice! wub.gif

What did it cost to have that pile powder coated Doug? I've done that same pile of parts myself. I'm curious what my effort was worth.
914MF
Nice. ohmy.gif wub.gif boldblue.gif pray.gif
Qarl
My pants feel tight!

Nice color choice!

boldblue.gif
Looks great. smile.gif
Gary
Doug,

What's the black car? Looks like my TR3, but the badge is wrong...
Gint
QUOTE(Gary Posted on Jan 24 2004 @ 02:36 PM)
Doug,

What's the black car? Looks like my TR3, but the badge is wrong...

56 or 57 Vette
seanery
he's got a bunch of old klunkers in there getting in the way.
Doug Leggins
Indy Powder Coating is located on Main St. about half way between the track and the GM Allison plant. Turn east at the yellow flashing light. They have a web site. They recently moved from Gasoline Alley and have not updated the website with the new address. A lady named Charlie works there and she is very good to work with.

They only do the power coating at their location. They have Redi-strip do their blasting work. The sandblasting part of the bill was $128. The total bill was $464. If i would have chose a single coat color it would have been about $120 less. The black chrome requires a clear coat.

The black car is a 57 fuel injected vette. It is a car that my father-in-law built years ago. It is a beautiful car!!! We have been working on getting it running properly - looking forward to driving it this summer!
Doug Leggins
Thanks for the comps on the powder coating.

Here is a couple of pics of the 57.
Doug Leggins
asdf
Air_Cooled_Nut
Whoa, that was wierd! That interior picture showed up in MY new post for mounting the front bumper! blink.gif I had to edit and replace that picture with the proper one I originally selected from my machine. Weird!
seanery
you two probably posted at the EXACT same time. Doug, redo the interior shot please
seanery
hmmm, i think you two confused the computer. Both posts were at 8:29 (my time) you confused and broke it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.