Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's in the Barn ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwhcars
I was at Air Cooled Racing today and asked Steve "So when are you going to show me what's in the barn?"We walked out to the barn and he opened the door and let let me walk around in side.There are 14 914's a few 912's and a slope nose 911 plus a load of spare parts.Some of the teeners are covered and some are under cover of dust.All but three where running when he parked them in the barn.If someone wants a vintage race prepped 914 he just has them pick one out and builds it for them.One is a black six with only 1,800 miles on it that he bought new.This one his daughter will get when she has a garage to park it in.
I will have to go back sometime with a camera and pen and get serial numbers.
He also has at least four ather 914 race cars,356 cpe,356 speedster and a few more 911's.
What a great way to spend your retirement...turn your racing hobby into your retirement hobby .
6freak
QUOTE(jwhcars @ Jun 13 2008, 10:55 AM) *

I was at Air Cooled Racing today and asked Steve "So when are you going to show me what's in the barn?"We walked out to the barn and he opened the door and let let me walk around in side.There are 14 914's a few 912's and a slope nose 911 plus a load of spare parts.Some of the teeners are covered and some are under cover of dust.All but three where running when he parked them in the barn.If someone wants a vintage race prepped 914 he just has them pick one out and builds it for them.One is a black six with only 1,800 miles on it that he bought new.This one his daughter will get when she has a garage to park it in.
I will have to go back sometime with a camera and pen and get serial numbers.
He also has at least four ather 914 race cars,356 cpe,356 speedster and a few more 911's.
What a great way to spend your retirement...turn your racing hobby into your retirement hobby .

and he just lets the six site there in the dust huh.gif .....no respect...must not be a real one
r_towle
someone should get Dr Evil to visit him...maybe he has a good car for his replacement.

Rich
type47
i think this is one of steve's cars. he shows it each year at the hershey swap meet.
PeeGreen 914
drooley.gif
jwhcars
QUOTE(type47 @ Jun 13 2008, 06:14 PM) *

i think this is one of steve's cars. he shows it each year at the hershey swap meet.

Yes that is one of his cars and he made another one #18 to race because the #19 car's value is just getting to high should it get wrecked.
ConeDodger
Please get VIN numbers for the VIN registry...
type47
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 13 2008, 08:18 PM) *

Please get VIN numbers for the VIN registry...

i think it's a car raced by Ralph Meany so it's a well known car and the VIN is probably in the registry. if you like the #19 car, you should see the story in 911 & Porsche World magazine about a 914/6 GT that raced in the Monte Carlo rally. it mentions its for sale for some 325,000 euros. good story. pic of car :
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.