Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I just removed 18 pounds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I bought a lawn mower battery. It was only $26. The battery I had been running was 35 pounds which is pretty light for a battery. But Brad said something about a mower battery so I went for it. Little thing is only 17 pounds. I don't have an alternator so I plan on jumping it with the other battery to start it. What will I think of next....
URY914
I didn't measure it, but it is as long as the other one is wide. Got an autox tomorrow, last week was rained out. Hope I can keep it on the ground. smilie_pokal.gif rolleyes.gif smilie_flagge24.gif
URY914
BTW the place I bought it from also had reconditioned Optimas for $50.00.

Paul
McMark
And it's even a Utility Battery Company battery. Those are like the best ones ever!
laugh.gif
Andyrew
Cool! Did the reconditioned Optima's have a warenty? Is this some place in florida? or did they have a web site?

Man, this this is gettin light!!!! Whats next?

Andrew
URY914
Don't know about the Optima warrenty. The battery shop was a private company-not a chain outlet.

Web site? The guy I bought it from didn't have teeth!
I'm sure he was a Molly Hatchet fan. He had a world class Mullet. lol2.gif

Paul
mskala
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 24 2004, 04:54 PM)
... I don't have an alternator so I plan on jumping it with the other battery to start it...

You don't even need to start with it? That's way too big, then. Last year
I used this motorcycle battery. Even with the 16ga adapter it's 13 pounds,
and it will start the car in warm weather or when I spin beer.gif
jonwatts
How much do Optimas weigh? I thought they were lighter than wet cell batteries.
Rouser
Little thing is only 17 pounds.

Wait a minute ... I coulda soldered together a couple 6V lantern batteries and saved you what, another 15 pounds?

I'm telling you, you're not tapping this Idea-Man dude, and I'm right down the block too ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.