Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eccentric spacer for MOMO steering wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
JWest
My newest product is a 12mm riser for your MOMO wheel.

When the 911 went to smaller steering wheels, the factory retained the view of the gauges by offsetting the center of the wheel - now you can do the same with your aftermarket MOMO wheel.

This also gives you more leg clearance and spaces the wheel 16mm out.

Comes with mounting hardware.

JWest steering eccentric

VaccaRabite
Will this work for my Dino wheel?

Zach
JWest
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 18 2008, 08:40 AM) *

Will this work for my Dino wheel?

Zach

No, only the MOMO bolt pattern. Dino is different.
PeeGreen 914
They are? I have used a dino wheel on my momo hub before.
JWest
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 18 2008, 09:16 PM) *

They are? I have used a dino wheel on my momo hub before.

I was thinking that Dinos were 5 hole, but that must have been very old ones and Dino and MOMO are the same.
blitZ
Won't this working be dependent on how tall your are? Got a picture of how this looks mounted? Will my horn still work? I can't drive without my horn.
JmuRiz
How does it 'feel' when steering, will it feel like the wheel is going in an oval instead of round when turning?

I'm interested though, closer and more up would be perfect for my body-type and wheel size.
JWest
QUOTE(blitZ @ Jun 25 2008, 08:25 AM) *

Won't this working be dependent on how tall your are? Got a picture of how this looks mounted? Will my horn still work? I can't drive without my horn.

Yes. I used the same offset that Porsche used on the 911 steering wheels. It is a compromise and will not be ideal for all.

The horn still works.
JWest
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 25 2008, 12:28 PM) *

How does it 'feel' when steering, will it feel like the wheel is going in an oval instead of round when turning?

I'm interested though, closer and more up would be perfect for my body-type and wheel size.

If you stare at it it looks weird. It is the same as any 924/944/968 and '74 to '89 911, so it is not that odd if you are not focusing on it.
stepuptotheMike
Just ordered one. I'd like to be able to see the speedo on the rare occaison that I'm going less than 70 biggrin.gif

Can't wait.

Mike
JmuRiz
QUOTE(James Adams @ Jun 25 2008, 10:25 AM) *

If you stare at it it looks weird. It is the same as any 924/944/968 and '74 to '89 911, so it is not that odd if you are not focusing on it.

Learn something new everyday, didn't know other cars did something similar.

If you can't feel the difference, I may have to give this a try, with my old Dino wheel that has 6-bolts...and if that doesn't fit...oh darn guess I'll have to get a Prototipo biggrin.gif
stepuptotheMike
Installation pictures....

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=86475

-Mike
JazonJJordan
QUOTE(James Adams @ Jun 25 2008, 02:25 PM) *

(Do NOT focus on "it" Daniel-son...Use the force/in a diametrically opposed grasp Don't feel the oval, just the curve...) Does work for the 911 it seems...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.