Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for headliner/ trunkliner materials
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrofit
Need to find a source for the materials that are used for the headliner and trunk. It's not a carpet, more like a heavy felt. Is this called perlon? Color is dark grey with black mixed in. Matches the carpet which I think is original in my '74.
TIA
Allen
Allan
Go HERE my friend... smile.gif
retrofit
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jun 17 2008, 07:41 PM) *

Go HERE my friend... smile.gif

Ah yes! I will email James for some samples.
Allen
914Sixer
Appbiz has them ready made also
retrofit
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 17 2008, 08:05 PM) *

I don't need anything readymade. What I need is the raw material. Plan to use it under the seats and areas that carpet doesn't cover. Maybe line the trunk lids, especially the rear one which has funky weld patches done by PO. Not going for the 916 look, it will be just camoflage.
Allen
nvrupnvrin
QUOTE(retrofit @ Jun 17 2008, 11:20 PM) *

I don't need anything readymade. What I need is the raw material. Plan to use it under the seats and areas that carpet doesn't cover. Maybe line the trunk lids, especially the rear one which has funky weld patches done by PO. Not going for the 916 look, it will be just camoflage.
Allen

appbiz sells the Perlon by the yard. Nice folks to deal with.
nvrupnvrin

Allen

appbiz
Bob at APPBIZ here. We have our Perlon custom made thousands of yards at a time. We have it made to match the factory stuff. We use it in our kits and sell it by the running yard. The material is 72" wide so a running yard is 2 square yards. The price for a running yard is $30
Bob
bob@appbiz.com
310-834-3600

QUOTE(nvrupnvrin @ Aug 25 2008, 01:34 PM) *

Allen

morph
we sell raw perlon for 15 dollars a yard.we used to sell it for 11 untill the price of material went up.
james

www.914 ap.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.