Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Minneapolis - NordStern Guys - Coming to your town
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ArtechnikA
So here I am shamelessly plugging my own action...

I'm exhibiting (with a bunch of famous people) at Velocity - The Art Of Motion at the Hopkins Art Center. The show runs June 28-August 3 and is IMO worth checking out if you're going to be in the area.

June 28-29 is the 'Grand Opening Weekend' with the big public reception the evening of June 29. I believe the NordStern Region guys are putting on a car show 'out front' Sunday the 29 to support the grand opening. We'll be there, wandering around.

Joy and I are leaving way too early Monday morning to have the works onsite Tuesday for installation, then doing the tourist and vacation thing until the show activities start up on the weekend - then banzai drive back to SEPA the following Monday.

Hope we can touch base with some of you guys, and that you're able to come by and check out the show.

Alas no 914 content this time, got a painting of a 962, for sure, and another not-Porsche-oriented race picture from the Turn 7A area of Riverside International (California content...). Probably another version of my 'Made in Mt View' 935 if there is time to finish it...
iamchappy
Great! you have to check in with me. i live just down the road from the Hopkins Art Center.
ArtechnikA
Just got back to the hotel from the "artists and sponsors" pre-opening reception. This is one cool show! The laptop can't read the camera's memory card or I could post some pictures shamelessly promoting my work - that will have to wait until I'm home in SEPA Tuesday.

But it's a great venue and a fine representation of automotive art. Check it out if you can.
Gint
Hi Rich. bye1.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 29 2008, 10:59 AM) *

Hi Rich. bye1.gif

Hi, guys !

Sorry about the lack of 914 content... But this is my first real show and I'm pretty jazzed. And the pictures were getting a pretty good reception with the other artists and sponsors so I feel pretty good about that. Maybe this aspect of my life is finally getting ready to take off. It'll never replace my day job, tho ...

I believe the wheels in my life are turning so that I can get back into Porsche activities (working on the 911, first) by the winter.
Gint
Glad to hear it. We miss you around here. Good luck!
ArtechnikA
So here's me, the old (today's my birthday) too-large artist with my stuff on the wall at the for-real gallery. A major milestone for me.
rick 918-S
WOW! How cool is that! aktion035.gif Is your work still on display? How long? I would love to see that if I could ever catch up on my work. dry.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 2 2008, 12:18 AM) *

WOW! How cool is that! aktion035.gif Is your work still on display? How long? I would love to see that if I could ever catch up on my work. dry.gif

The show runs through the first part of August DETAILS HERE and is free to the public.
TeenerTim
Rich, I have to question your composition on that 962. You cut off the back part of the car. What's up with that? poke.gif

Everyone's a critic you know. shades.gif
ArtechnikA
It's crossing the finish line.

No one looks at the back of a car that's crossing the finish line.
TeenerTim
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Jul 3 2008, 03:06 PM) *

It's crossing the finish line.

No one looks at the back of a car that's crossing the finish line.

Just teasing. It's obvious you are very talented. The front half looks really nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.