Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Went for a drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robby750
Yesterday, I joined other members of the Bluegrass PCA for a drive of about 150 miles. This was the first event that I have been able to attend since joining. They are good people and I had a blast. My car was old enough to be the Father of any of theirs laugh.gif They say another member has a 914 but nobody has ever seen it. (they don't think it runs. Here's a pic:
Bruce Allert
Fun ain't it beer.gif I really enjoy drivin with a big crew of other Porsches, especially when they're all 914's. That's when you get alot of stares & pointing from those on the street. smilie_pokal.gif

.........b
DNHunt
Amazing how well our old cars keep up when they have some "spirited" driving. When the road gets curvie I love to get all over the guy in front of me. I swear I can go deeper into the corners than they can. Course the other side of the corners are kind of disappointing. Still, I know I make em wonder. Kinda fun when they ask "What's it like to drive one of those?" Funny they never take me up one the offer "You can try mine if I can try yours". Oh well it's their loss.

Dave
Air_Cooled_Nut
Curious, how do they treat you, being the owner of a 914 and not a more 'traditional' Porsche?
robby750
Every one treated me really well, which was a welcome surprise. I believe they all just love Porsches and appreciate any model. I got lots of compliments on my car and they respect it for what it is. Most of the roads we traveled on were really tight and narrow and I had no trouble keeping up at all.
Curvie Roadlover
I'm a new member of my local PCA (Rally Sport in SE MI) and it seems to me to be dominated by the 914 guys. As most of you know, we have a pretty active 914 group here, and many are also active in the PCA. Several of the members own 914's and "more traditional" Porsches. I don't have to tell you which ones they prefer to drive. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.