Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm gettin agrivated
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Well we had a severe cold snap here last week. I was out of town for a meeting. I told my 16yr old to park his Jeep in the heated shop so it would start in the morning for school. BAD IDEA! I should have provided detailed instructions. So he drives this snow and salt covered beast into the shop. It drips salt laddened slush all over the floor. The crap runs under everything. Then the boy pulls out of the garage, squeeges SOME of the salt water out the door and splashes the stuff all over everything including one of the seats from the 914. Then to make things even worse, he springs the 16' door somehow and bends the vertical track. The door was stuck open until I could get home the next day and fix it. No easy task! Hey the boy is 16. I can't say I would have been able to figure out how to release the torsion springs and lower the doorwhen I was his age. So whatever! I spend the whole day yesterday fixing the door and cleaning the shop So I could get back on the project. Well the heat ran full tilt for hours bringing the slab back up to temp. And to make matters worse I went out to finally play with the car this morning and discovered I ran out of propane! The shop is now cold and dark. Winter sux!
Korijo
Good Times wink.gif ar15.gif fighting19.gif
iamchappy
I feel for you,
I have every product available to keep my garage clean, as I warehouse, pack and ship product out of my garage. I spend more time out there keeping it clean some days than I do working. I am able to contain most of the slop with a car mat under my wifes car, but even thats a lot of work to clean and dump.
Feb is almost upon us it is all down hill from there, -40 with wind off the lake in Duluth is as cold as it gets anywhere on earth.

Chappy
Hawktel
I don't have a Garage to clean. I got a Car port. For 3 months out of the year. I'd like to have a garage.

burnout.gif
Gint
Sorry Rich!

Yesterday it was 50, and I wore shorts and had the garage door open all day (sunny, nice). Today the high is only going to be 40, so I'll have to wear pants. But I can still have the garage door open (sunny, nice).

We sure could use some snow around here, but I hope it waits until after I leave on Friday with the 914 on the trailer and a 2 wheel drive one ton van.
Qarl
High of 70 here in Florida. No humidity. Clear and beautiful.

It's okay to hate me!
tracks914
QUOTE(kellzey @ Jan 25 2004, 10:49 AM)
High of 70 here in Florida. No humidity. Clear and beautiful.

It's okay to hate me!

I'll be landing in Orlando Friday morning around 11 AM. I hope the nice weather lasts.
It's -23*C now but the week looks like it will finally warm up after a month of -22 highs and -40*lows. Thats not including wind chills blink.gif
Timmins Weather for anyone who cares
kenpolives
I feel for you, the sun has come out and it is now a nice 4 degees above zero in Albany NY. I had my 914 delivered a few weeks ago by Passport (great guys) and the truck hydr. was almost frozen solid.
TJB/914
Went up to Petoskey, MI to check my condo heating system. It was -16 degree's with crunchy snow, clear blue sky's & when you take a full breath of air your nose stays closed from the freezing air. So cold the car makes funny sounds when you start it.
I blame our wonderful friends from Canada!! We were having an Alberta Clipper from Canada. Hate you guys in the winter!! The bay was covered over with Ice with wind chill @ -30 below!! That's cold!!
Tom
TJB/914
That's what cold looks like
Tom
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jan 25 2004, 01:01 PM)
It was -16 degree's with crunchy snow, clear blue sky's

THAT"S what really pissed me off when I lived in NortDakota for 6 years. Wake up to the beautiful blue sky with high hopes of goin outside to do something.
WRONG

God, I hate winter fighting19.gif (but at least it's 42 here! beer.gif

............b
Joe Bob
I'm painting the fence.....where's the damn sunscreen...... blink.gif
Gint
The 40 and sunny through the morning just turned to 35, windy and now, snowing. I had to close the garage door.
GWN7
Getting time to ask for someone to post a picture of their car parked next to a Palm tree. Going to be -30 (without the wind) for at least the next 5 days. sad.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jan 25 2004, 09:36 AM)
... -40 with wind off the lake in Duluth is as cold as it gets anywhere on earth.

Obviously you haven't been around my girlfriend after I've [somehow] pissed her off! laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jan 26 2004, 12:30 AM)
Going to be -30 (without the wind) for at least the next 5 days. sad.gif

I have empathy for you. sad.gif I NEVER wanna see that AGAIN mad.gif

.............b
DNHunt
Can't imagine that kind of cold. It was supposed to get colder here with some arctic air but it decided to stay east of the mountains, So, we get grey and drizzle. Not uncomfortable but kind of depressing. Oh well springs on the way.

Dave
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Rich: It's all a big conspiracy, the guys in the west take pictures in the summer. AND THEN POST THEM IN THE WINTER. fighting19.gif Just to try and make us feel bad.
Just think 70o sun and the wind blowing.
Hey , I think i've gone over the edge.
Dave smilie_flagge6.gif
mskala
Yep, winter is no good. Not liking having a drive-on lift with 2 non-driveable
cars that need fixing when it's -2F and icy in the push zone headbang.gif
GWN7
I've been trying to get down to my US address for over a week now. Was going to go in the AM to my P.O. box there, but 18" of snow has covered the highway. We only got 2-3" of that crappy white stuff here.

Grand Forks Hearld

Was told the highway snow plows were finding the sides of the road by feel.
iamchappy
Rich
I heard you guys got 30 inches of snow today. You will have plenty of time to work on the alien before the snows gone, I have to go out and snowblow the driveway now.
I leave for Orlando tomorrow I hope to meet up with Karl.
rick 918-S
Ya! to add insult to injury! I moved snow til 10:30 pm It's still coming down. More to move tomorrow. To top it off the garage is still cold and dark!

I'm not happy, imchappy! laugh.gif

Have a great time in FLA. You and Karl send some photos our way just to rub it in.
seanery
yup, i heard the forecast was for rain and cold in orlando this week. sad.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(seanery @ Jan 27 2004, 06:09 AM)
yup, i heard the forecast was for rain and cold in orlando this week. sad.gif

laugh.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol3.gif
eresener
Rich,
About the time I get motivated (last week temp was in the 40's) to start work on my project...actually started sawzall surgery...you guys up north send down the ice/snow...I even moved my 944 out of the garage to get the teener more elbow room...and guess what it got dumped on...didn't even have the chance to put it back in...covered w/snow/ice...and more on the way... winter sux...bigtime...just when I get motivated!!!!
GWN7
At least you can get motivated laugh.gif

Mabey we should have a contest "Guess which is the red car?"

-27 here....They said on the news it was going to be a high of 50 in Orlando today laugh.gif
Mark Henry
18" of snow last night with 3 foot drifts. pissoff.gif

It was just below freezing this AM now the temp's are dropping like a bomb. :finger2:
GWN7
Dress warm.......it's -50 outside tonight. ohmy.gif wacko.gif sad.gif
rhodyguy
for me it was top off, hat and sun glasses in the 73'. one of those sunny winter days where having a black interior is a plus.

kevin
Malmz
Looks like Sunny and 68 predicted for the Dunkel Bros meet in Anaheim Sunday. Burrrrrr, Mike might have to wear socks with his sandles.

It actually sprinkled here tonight. The natives began running around like chickens sans heads...

sm
iamchappy
Well I am here in Florida and find it nice and warm, talked to Karl and hope to hook up with him tomorrow. Pictures to follow when I get back. Rich you should be able to build a nice snow cave for the other cars.
rick 918-S
My M3 is completely gone under a huge pile of snow! Send us some sun shine!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
For you west Coast guys stfu.gif !!!!!!!!!
ar15.gif ar15.gif gunner.gif
Dave smilie_flagge6.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.