Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Race car Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
bangingears
So.... I am collecting more parts, looking at more cars, and So... this is my plan
C/0's at all 4 corners
upgrade the brakes
Build my own cage

(NOTE: this is when I run into some problems, I would like to build a 4 point (cab) cage that hugs the targa as close as possible, but then tie it into a rear cage which will tie into the rear strut towers and then continue to tie into the "transmission Horn" area.... i figure with a cage like that, MOST of the chassis will be rigid, I will also be using inner and outer counsel plating.)

The best thing about this car, is it will be my DD.... cant wait to start the build
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(bangingears @ Jun 19 2008, 01:45 AM) *

Build my own cage

How about a kit? I'm currently building one for Jeff Hailpern, with a couple pics on his "Bringing out the Dead" thread.
My Rollcage Webpage
I have more pictures as well.
bangingears
but i cannot use the targa top correct? i want to retain it.
byndbad914
you will still be able to use the top with the bar above the rear targa. Look inside your car and you will see the targa pad and top engage on one plane and the roof then juts upward a bit.

Here is my cage for instance
Click to view attachment

and the top fits without issue
Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(bangingears @ Jun 20 2008, 02:16 AM) *

but i cannot use the targa top correct? i want to retain it.

There is no interference, as byndbad914 stated above.
moggy
Here's some pics of my cage

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

There one bar that goes under the dash but you can't really see it very well:

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.