Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A gentlemans help.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dandh

There was a gentleman on this site who used to live in las vegas and knows just what I'm talking about when I say the car is really stalling I'm just wondering if he would'nt mind telling me how to go about it step by step, because this is still all new to me. I believe this young man lived henderson for about 5 yrs. PLEASE HELP!!! Or if I can get anyone that knows, that would be a big help?/? confused24.gif
rick 918-S
lvsteve or vegas racer (john) are always willing to help a guy out. There are few others out there and a friend of john's used to own a porsche shop. icon_bump.gif They'll chime in soon. or send them a pm.
ericread
If no one else is around to assist, I'll be in Las Vegas from Wednesday through Sunday (June25-June29). Let me know if you still need help during those days.

Eric Read
dandh
Hey Eric I knew you would come through,I remember us talking about this very same thing, It would really help me alot, Thanx!
dandh
Thank you also rick, any help is good help. The car runs pretty good other than it stalling, then it does'nt want to start.
Katmanken
Is it hot in Vegas?

You might be suffering from vapor lock where the gas in the fuel lines gets so hot it turns to vapor. Fuel pumps are very bad at pumping vapor so the fuel stops moving to the engine. This usually occurs after driving the car (gets the engine warmed up), parking the car (hot engine heat soaks the fuel in the lines) and then

Coupla things to check.....

Look at the seals around the engine compartment that mate up to the engine..... Aircooled engines have to have a seal between the top of the engine and the exhaust..... If you don't, the engine cooling fan sucks in extra hot air rising from the exhaust pipes.. Over time, it's the kiss of death for the engine...

Look at where the fuel pump is....

If it's under the car on the right front side, hot air may be blowing from the heater flapper box on the fuel pump, fuel lines and the filter..... The fix is a hose on the end of the flapper box where the hot air comes out and then redirecting the hot air to vent away from the fuel pump and lines....

Good luck..

Ken
ericread
QUOTE(kwales @ Jun 21 2008, 09:22 AM) *

Is it hot in Vegas?

Good luck..

Ken

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

I lived about 22 years in Las Vegas (Henderson). In the summer, it averages about 2000 degrees, but cools to a nice 1900 degrees at night...

But it's a dry heat av-943.gif
orthobiz
You know what they say...

what stalls in vegas stays in vegas....

(sorry)

Paul
ericread
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 23 2008, 05:34 AM) *

You know what they say...

what stalls in vegas stays in vegas....

(sorry)

Paul

av-943.gif
Jeffs9146
FI or Carbs?

If FI then check the CHT sensor!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.