Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Engine is back in the M-471GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Since I helped Steve (smg914) take the engine out back in October, it was fitting that I helped him put it back in.

I will say that if we had been employees of Peter Perfect at Brumos, we would have been FIRED. It took us 5 freakin hours. But we didn't put a scratch on this Super Nice car and I don't think any blood was drawn.

We followed that up some sandwiches. Steve's better half, Janie, had made us some shredded BBQ chicken. Steve put it on the stove and forgot about it. A little toasty. My stomach felt like I had wolves dancing in there last night!.

I will get Steve to put up a picture or 2 as I didn't bring my camera.

T.C.
URY914
How many pairs of white gloves did you get dirty?
nsr-jamie
Would be super cool to see some pictures of the car...is it a real M471GT?
smg914
I can't tell ya how much I appreciate your help yesterday T.C. Installing a 914-6 engine and transmission is definately a 2 man job. Especially doing it on the ground with less than adequate tools. But we got it in without even scratching the freshly powder coated engine tin.
smg914
Next up is installing the freshly jet hotted heater boxes.
ericread
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 20 2008, 06:45 AM) *

We followed that up some sandwiches. Steve's better half, Janie, had made us some shredded BBQ chicken. Steve put it on the stove and forgot about it. A little toasty. My stomach felt like I had wolves dancing in there last night!.
T.C.

Get the engine in without a scratch and burned the sandwhiches. At least you've got your priorities right. beerchug.gif

smg914
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Jun 20 2008, 07:21 AM) *

Would be super cool to see some pictures of the car...is it a real M471GT?

Yes it is one of the original documented M471 GT factory cars. I will post some pictures after I get the side outer rocker panels, rear bumper and engine lid installed.
Root_Werks
Wow! That looks clean, I can't wait to see some more pics!
Gustl
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
watsonrx13
Great job guys..... Now will it run..... laugh.gif

-- Rob
markb
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 20 2008, 08:00 AM) *

Wow! That looks clean, I can't wait to see some more pics!

agree.gif wub.gif
carr914
Well here is a picture from the 914 Bratfest at my house last year before it was painted.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

smontanaro
QUOTE(smg914 @ Jun 20 2008, 10:26 AM) *

I've been thinking I should have mine done. Do you just send them to Jet Hot? Does the finish appear "stock" to you?

Thanks,

Skip Montanaro

URY914
Same day same car...
smg914
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Jun 20 2008, 03:40 PM) *

QUOTE(smg914 @ Jun 20 2008, 10:26 AM) *

I've been thinking I should have mine done. Do you just send them to Jet Hot? Does the finish appear "stock" to you?

Thanks,

Skip Montanaro

Skip,
When I stopped by the shop that did the Jet Hot process they had just finished the process and were removing them from the oven and he said that they still had to bead plast them which gives them a kind of glossy silver/gray look. But when he showed them to me I liked them the way they were and I asked him if we could elimate the bead blasting process and he said sure no problem. They are a dull gray and probably a little lighter than the factory original primer color but I am very pleased with how they look.
carr914
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jun 20 2008, 05:51 PM) *

Great job guys..... Now will it run..... laugh.gif

-- Rob

Steve called me this morning, it fired right up.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

jimtab
Gorgeous.....just gorgeous......
ConeDodger
Oh my... I think I need a cigarette... drooley.gif
watsonrx13
Great job guys on getting the car back together and ready for PARADE... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
nsr-jamie
Oh Wow! That was the previous car of the month !!!!!!!! Incredible!!! chowtime.gif
carr914
Striped and running, Ready for Parade drooley.gif

Click to view attachment

Root_Werks
driving.gif
SGB
I've seen it here. It looks great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.