Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - <Sarcasm> Now this is a clean car! </sarcasm>
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
I took these in a parking lot near my house......

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

There was just enough room for someone to sit in the driver's seat. I would hate to have to perform a state inspection on this car. Sticking my hand into the trash pile to shift the car into gear would make me cringe pinch.gif

nsr-jamie
oh that poor car, how could somebody let there car go that bad, its not even a beater, actually a nice car....now it looks like the local garbage dump
plymouth37
Good lord...
ericread
Looks like a serious recycler! biggrin.gif

Looks like he has military sticker on his windshield. I don't know how the MPs would allow this on the base in this condition? They used to look pretty carefully for driver safety issues, and this one could definitely be considered as having questionable safety. confused24.gif

Eric Read
John
I witnessed a car almost identical to this in Saukville, WI when I was doing a job up there a couple years back. I believe the owner was living out of the car. I suspect some sort of deadbeat.

The vagrant-looking owner became really upset when we went to take pictures of the car. I didn't get any shots of it, but my controls guy did.

I didn't know this sort of thing was so common. (but then again, maybe it's the same guy)
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(ericread @ Jun 20 2008, 10:27 AM) *

Looks like he has military sticker on his windshield. I don't know how the MPs would allow this on the base in this condition? They used to look pretty carefully for driver safety issues, and this one could definitely be considered as having questionable safety. confused24.gif

Eric Read

Not military.. those are Texas registration and inspection stickers.
purple
i can only imagine the disgusting fatness of the person who owns that car. with all those whataburger and fast food drink cups...

i bet roaches need dune buggies to get around in that car.
ericread
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 20 2008, 08:34 AM) *

QUOTE(ericread @ Jun 20 2008, 10:27 AM) *

Eric Read

Not military.. those are Texas registration and inspection stickers.

Thanks for the correction. beerchug.gif That makes more sense.

Eric
Brew
There's still room for more on the package tray.... blink.gif
byndbad914
wow Clay - some lazy cops in your neighborhood. Visibility to the rear is being blocked as the rear window is starting to be blocked and if there is a passenger mirror, it's definitely blocked. Cops should be busting dirtbags like that. Instead, probably writing a speeding ticket for 40 in a 35 on some vacant boulevard to a decent taxpayer dry.gif

My buddy that is a cop would stop that car in a heartbeat.
Root_Werks
huh.gif
PeeGreen 914
I've had to work on cars with that much crap in them. It's aweful just sitting down. You almost want to throw a flea bomb in there before you do anything.
messix
i took some pictures with my phone of
a mini van that was that bad.
Rick_Eberle
Come on guys, that's obviously a mental health issue... not something to make light of.

Remember, there but for the grace of God... etc.
Katmanken
Does the owner on duty in Iraq know that he left his car unlocked????

r_towle
I bought a car, a RAV4 that was filled all the way up.
I made him empty it.

I had to remove the interior, wash everything twice...it still smelled.
A new happy RAV4 owner now has it.

I went back to the same guy who was selling another car...(these are basically free) and it was also full to the brim, and so was his daily driver...

I agree, its a mental health thing...
BTW, the guy weighed 350 easy..
Rich
iamchappy
I am sure the house is the same way. Mental health issue for sure, i've seen some spots over the air about people with a compulsive disorder that cant throw anything away.
bryanc
the weird thing is the exterior is fairly clean--at least from the photos. So someone had to wash that car with all of that crap in it... blink.gif

I've never been accused of keeping my cars too clean, but that is screwy.gif
ConeDodger
Newsflash: Texas Budget Cuts Force Use Of High-Mileage Garbage Trucks!!! Stay Tuned for more at 10... av-943.gif
So.Cal.914
What? confused24.gif
jimtab
Maybe it's some form of "alternate air bag" that they use in Tehas..... av-943.gif
CoolAirVw
Here's a windstar that came through my shop. A car like this comes through once every couple years. Usually I refuse to work on the car (due to not wanting to test drive it) but this one the guy allready approved a 2000 dollars worth of work.

IPB Image

This image I was trying to show that it was full to the roof!

IPB Image

It did have some nice mirrors though.

IPB Image

On a side note, buried under all that crap was something very heavy. My lift (9000 lbs) strained to lift the windstar. Maybe there were gold bricks under there! Maybe all that load was what caused the trans to fail.

View all the messy windstar pics here
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.