Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My RAT RADIO Interview with Dr. 914 is posted!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
It took me almost a month to get the show posted after some technical difficulties and etc... The show is available FOR FREE from the Itunes store

This is a video podcast, so as you listen to the content you can virew the pictures and etc that I have embedded into the volume on your Ipod or at your PC while listening via Itunes. Some of the graphics are pixelated since I was learning the ropes, but all will be better in volume II. I will also have professionally created intros, closings and sponsorshp announcements for Vol II.

Now, here is how to download the show. Follow this link
http://rdtlabs.com/podcast/index.html
IF YOU HAVE THE CURRENT VERSION OF ITUNES ON YOUR MACHINE ALREADY simply click on the second link posted
"Click Here to add Air Cooled Technology Podcast"
Itunes will automatically open and you will be directed to the file where you can downlaoad the current volume as well as subscribe to the podcast. If you subscribe as we release new shows they will automatically be downloaded to Itunes when you log indaily/weekly, etc...

Now IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ITUNES on your machine click the botom link on the same page listed above, the link says
"Click Here to download iTunes here!!!! Free - no iPod required"
Once Itunes is downloaded you can then follow the above instructions and start building your library.

This interview with George Hussye is very interesting and a "Must hear" for anyone wanting 914 information or that wants to know the history of Auto Atlanta.

In the interview George and I talk about everything from how he made his first catalog to the future of the 914 and what AA is doing to make more and more new 914 parts available

We even chat about 6 Vs 4 cylinder debates and how to make a great "GT Clone" and even the Boxster engine issues that we are working to overcome. Then the entire story of George's 916 is revealed as well as the history of this piece of Porsche history.

George is a really interesting character! enjoy the show!

You'll see that the show now has a new flavor and several sponsors with better voice over work that is provided by eddie Eagle, a 914 Enthusiast and better know as the "Movie Trailer Guy" or "Tsunami rider" here on the forums. I could not thank him enough!
blitZ
Groovy, downloading it now. w00t.gif
Rand
Anybody have a link to just the audio file? I am not installing the itunes crap.
914werke
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 20 2008, 03:56 PM) *

Anybody have a link to just the audio file? I am not installing the itunes crap.

Word!
Joe Owensby
I just listened to this. It was quite educational as well as entertaining. thanks Jake and George

JoeO
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Jun 20 2008, 09:08 PM) *

I just listened to this. It was quite educational as well as entertaining. thanks Jake and George

JoeO

Thanks!!! I had fun recording and editing this show.. Part 2 will be released next week.
p914
Thanks for the plug Jake!!. I enjoyed producing the ads, intros and stuff. Hope everyone enjoys the show. If any businesses out there need any radio, tv or web ads produced gimme a holler and I'll be glad to produce your spots.
Eddie
www.movietrailerguy.com
craig downs
Listen to it last night wow that was a good show. George is pretty interesting I can't wait for the part 2. I was surprised that he didn't like the 914 when he 1st saw it
but like so many people fell in love with it after the 1st drive in one.
zonedoubt
I listened to most of episode #1 on my drive to work this morning. Thumbs up from Vancouver, BC. beer.gif
thomasotten
I just finished listening to it today, I think it is one of the best shows so far in both series.
azbill
Listened to both the first and second program. I found it entertaning. I must say Jake is multi talented engine builder par-excelonce, talk raido interviewer and talk radio hoist. Jake you did a pretty good job. keep it up.

By the way the 2056 build is fantastic! That engine screams. Thanks you and Ron Grider (the assembler) for the help in getting it right.

Bill Shaffer
Jake Raby
I must say Jake is multi talented engine builder par-excelonce, talk raido interviewer and talk radio hoist. Jake you did a pretty good job. keep it up.

Yeah, I must wear about every "hat" on the Planet to be effective...

I enjoy the Radio Show recording and editing and thats why I am pretty decent at it.. It'll get better! Hell one day here I am assembling an engine, the next day I am designing parts and the next day I am shooting video! Thats why I love every minute of it! The more intense and fast paced the better I love it! As difficulty increases I get better!
atomix8
Great episode!

Jake, I think George paid you the biggest compliment when he said that he couldn't do all the juggling of tasks that you manage to do!

It was great to learn about the history of AA, and I'm looking forward to next months episode!
Jake Raby
Jake, I think George paid you the biggest compliment when he said that he couldn't do all the juggling of tasks that you manage to do!

That blew me away as well!

Glad you guys enjoy the show.. The special episode will be available in the coming week as a part 2 and conclusion to George's interview...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.