Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber carb kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
title says it all.
Mark Henry
Cheapest isn't always best.

aircooled.net gets my vote as John will rejet your carb's to your engine's spec's and I doubt if he will be much more than the best price you can find.
TheCabinetmaker
Don't want to send the carb off to get it rebuilt. It's a 32/36 dfav. You know, the single progressive in the middle laugh.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jan 25 2004, 01:29 PM)
Don't want to send the carb off to get it rebuilt. It's a 32/36 dfav. You know, the single progressive in the middle laugh.gif

Sorry, I thought you ment a new dual carb kit.

Make sure that it is rebuildable, check the float, toss it in a lake and if it floats it's rebuildable.

Sorry I think the single weber is a total POS! barf.gif
914ghost
ever thought about an upgrade?
Even dual 40mm webers or 36 dellortos offer a HUGE very noticable difference in performance all around. nd if you get 44 or 40's with good jetting and decent venturi's you'd be stoked!
Seriously. mad.gif
You're running that engine on one 32mm carb, and when you get on it you get another 36, and they work, but the air flow difference alone from having dual carbs (like dual 34 or 40 single barrels) is a step up.
Check out www.thesamba.com for used VW parts.
I see sets going for $200-$400 sometimes cheaper.
My .02...

for weber carb parts check www.cbperformance.com
or www.chirco .com
They usualy got stuff.
TheCabinetmaker
Not my car. I gots djet on mine and I'll never switch. Just a stock 1.7L. He's more interested in fuel economy, and has a 951 when he wants to go fast. wink.gif
krk
Dunno about 2 bbl kits, but I know from experience that not every weber 3 bbl kit contains the same bits. Some contain the minimal bits, some contain the maximal bits. I know this doesn't help, by itself, but when you order, it's worth asking what the contents of the kit actually are.

kim.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jan 25 2004, 01:44 PM)
Not my car. I gots djet on mine and I'll never switch. Just a stock 1.7L. He's more interested in fuel economy, and has a 951 when he wants to go fast. wink.gif

Sure-sure, I bet.

I don't know guys sounds like a closet single weber man to me. wink.gif
tracks914
With so many teeners being parted out the last 10 years would you not think that there would be quite a few dual set-ups being sold used?
I'd like to pick one up to rebuild for my next engine job but the catalogue prices of $1000 + means I won't be buying one just to "have around the house" for my upcoming big bore project.
Jake Raby
CB Performance... Their linkage and carb bases are the best. I worked with them to redsign their bases for the TIV and make them the best.. Price is competitive and carbs are the best quality- there is a difference.

Sometimes aircooled.net sells the CB linkage also.
Aaron Cox
smilie_pokal.gif i second the CB linkage/bases. bought the kit with tall manifolds! excellent!
morph
im currently working on a deal to get ITALIAN webers from a guy italy
not the ones from spain but i was asking him about carb kits he can get them for me at 4$a kit.i can sell them for 13.00 kit
im currently working on the perfomance part of our name....appearance & performance
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 25 2004, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jan 25 2004, 01:44 PM)

Sure-sure, I bet.

I don't know guys sounds like a closet single weber man to me. wink.gif

Mark Henry, fuck you and your opinion of carbs. finger.gif I'm a fuel injection man all the way. You really want to bet? bring your best to Okieland and we''ll find out!!!!!My main objective is the preservation of the 914. I don't give a shit if you have FI, 34's, 40's or 44's. My customer and freind has a single carb. I'm trying to make sure his car runs the best it can with what he has. We need to rebuild the carb he has to it's full potential. If you can help, please do. If you can't, shut the fuck up!!!!!

morphenspectra; keep me updated please

Jake& acox; thanks.
Rouser
Ouch ...
Aaron Cox
well, if you choose to ever go the dual route...you can take my old dual carb manifolds off me for the price of dirt
TheCabinetmaker
Acox, I will never go carbs on my stock 2.0, however, my son inlaw(on rails) has a 2.0 that does deserve a dual 40. pm me with details.

I've worked on and have driven several stock 2's with carbs. They are not comparable with a properly tuned fuel injection.

Remember I said "stock"
Jake Raby
Damn, I guess this would not be the time for me to say that I cannot stand the stock FI system..... would it??
Aaron Cox
LOL..... laugh.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Jake, I run a stock 2.0L. I've had mechanics try for 30 years to convert me to carbs. I've had two questions for them, and I've always gotten the same answers.l

1. will it run better? answer: no
2. will I get better gas mileage? answer: no

Maybe the Djet is not the best FI system, but it beats the hell out of Webers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, stock
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 25 2004, 08:45 PM)
I guess this would not be the time for me to say that I cannot stand the stock FI system..... would it??

damm, this guy is already on the edge and you guys just keep pushing laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.