Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: has this site been upgraded or downgraded?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
mad.gif
Rusty
What are you talking about? confused24.gif
jimkelly
the replies need to be clicked on individually from the list at the bottom of the page - or is the problem only on my computer ??
championgt1
No problems here. beerchug.gif
jimkelly
what did i do - enable some sort of obscure feature?
ws91420
Youv'e changed a personal setting for viewing the board just not sure where you did it.
jimkelly
fixed it - whew - that sucked : )

thanks
VaccaRabite
I did that once last year. Drove me crazy until I figured out what I clicked.

Zach
bryanc
I've had this happen on several other boards with the same software (IPB). In each case it seemed to just change settings without any action on my part. Bug?
SirAndy
QUOTE(bryanc @ Jun 20 2008, 04:42 PM) *

I've had this happen on several other boards with the same software (IPB). In each case it seemed to just change settings without any action on my part. Bug?

never happened to me ...
confused24.gif Andy
jimkelly
i do not think i made the change - but - i am pretty sure i was drinking that day - so who knows confused24.gif

scotty b
DAMMIT JIM !! smoke.gif Andy's giving her all he's got smoke.gif The dylithium crystals are weak smoke.gif Give it some more smoke.gif time dammit smoke.gif
bryanc
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 20 2008, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(bryanc @ Jun 20 2008, 04:42 PM) *

never happened to me ...
confused24.gif Andy

I think it may have been the Firefox beta... It only happened with that browser. But it did happen on 914world, the um other site, and the renntech.org forums as well... weird...
ericread
1. Click on the "Options" button on the top right of the posts. type.gif
2. In the "Display" area, click on "Standard". type.gif

YAY!!! You have upgraded this site!!! biggrin.gif
roadster fan
It happened to me earlier today too! I knew how to fix it but it is weird because I didnt change it.

I am using firefox so maybe it is a bug.

Jim
jetboy
i too use firefox, but, only notice that formating when being directed here via google link. Never really had it happen with my bookmark direction.
Mikey914
Just did this again. Used a google 914 search and it changed the format,
Thank god for the search function on this forum, I was really getting annoyed
biosurfer1
Everyone should look around the site and check out the functions more...there are a lot of cool things you might not notice.

Just today, I found the "Search Topic" box at the bottom of each thread that lets you search just the thread you're looking at...very helpful for those longer threads!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 20 2009, 11:42 AM) *

Just did this again. Used a google 914 search and it changed the format

For some reason, Google likes to index the site in linear mode ... confused24.gif

So if you click on a Google link that was indexed in linear mode, it'll change your board settings to linear.
huh.gif Andy
zymurgist
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 20 2009, 04:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 20 2009, 11:42 AM) *

Just did this again. Used a google 914 search and it changed the format

For some reason, Google likes to index the site in linear mode ... confused24.gif

So if you click on a Google link that was indexed in linear mode, it'll change your board settings to linear.
huh.gif Andy

Heh. I thought Google's motto was "Don't Be Evil."
Pat Garvey
So I'm thinking - am I not geeky enough? I mean, others got this problem, but I just had the same old good thing. Why am I so outta it that I don't have these problems? No problems here at all.

Jeez, I feel left out.
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.