Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the **** is wrong with people?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
So I get back from stopping at the mall to pick-up a new pair of glasses. I was gone for 10 minutes max. And someone decides to kick in the passenger side door in while I was inside! headbang.gif ar15.gif

What the hell is wrong with people? There was no earlier confrontation. I wasn't even parked near anyone. They had to go out of there way to get to my car. Man they are lucky I didn't see them do it or this would be my last post from the outside.

PISSED!
PeeGreen 914
WOW that sucks. Sorry to hear that man.

I didn't know it was your car biggrin.gif

Hope that made you laugh a little. I know how irritating it can be.
hcdmueller
Something similar happened to my friends car last night. Baseball bat to the trunk.

I am upset about it and it is not even my car. This world is starting to hurt my brain.
914Sixer
There seems to be and abundance of ASSHOLES lately. I does not belong to them so, let some one else pay for venting anger or a bad attitude.

My $.02.
So.Cal.914
You might want to try the security office at the mall. It might be on tape.
dw914er
someone totaled my girlfriends car about a year ago. she was at a local football game, and kids broke her window, and jumped all over her saturn, breaking every plastic fender.

it sucks
stateofidleness
surveillance cameras can be reviewed.
file a police report and they can subpoena the footage.
in a parking lot, everything is captured
boxstr
The animals have been let loose.
CCLINABACO
kerensky
Gah. I guess that's one good thing about my 'teener being in the garage for 20-odd years - no one's taken a frickin' BASEBALL BAT to it lately!

That's just insane.
andys
Though blaming it on how things are getting worse these days, a similar thing happened to me after a short visit to my girlfriends apartment except that happened in 1972. New car; girlfriend had no angry ex.

Andys
kerensky
QUOTE(andys @ Jun 20 2008, 07:57 PM) *

Though blaming it on how things are getting worse these days, a similar thing happened to me after a short visit to my girlfriends apartment except that happened in 1972. New car; girlfriend had no angry ex.

Andys

Oh, there's always been people (and I use that term loosely) who get a kick out of harming things, especially if it's nice. I think these days it's not that much more frequent. It's just that 20 years ago we didn't have the internet and groups like this, so we didn't hear about all of it.
I thought of the security camera idea, but the whole mall is under renovation and the area I parked is not a high priority. I will try though.

I've implemented a plan of Martini induced therapy to deal with the problem in the short term. drunk.gif

Roy.

PS: What does a body shop do when they get a 73 914 in for door body work repairs? This should be fun. idea.gif
scrz914
This is not car related but today we have our third major fire in four weeks here in Santa Cruz county. The rub is that this one was set by someone traveling north on hwy 1. Houses burned, livestock killed and still out of control.
I hope they catch this person and give him a little of his own medicine.
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 20 2008, 07:03 PM) *

WOW that sucks. Sorry to hear that man.

I didn't know it was your car biggrin.gif

Hope that made you laugh a little. I know how irritating it can be.

Actually it did. smile.gif Thanks Jon.
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Jun 20 2008, 09:34 PM) *

This is not car related but today we have our third major fire in four weeks here in Santa Cruz county. The rub is that this one was set by someone traveling north on hwy 1. Houses burned, livestock killed and still out of control.
I hope they catch this person and give him a little of his own medicine.

As a wise old man I used to know would say quite often... "Six cent solution!". The longer I live the more I understand.
Smitty911
The sad part is you'll end up paying the deductable for the repair.

Someone mirror slaped my two month old F-150, $500.00 later for the replacement.

Lunch time KFC, some woman gave her 16 year old, un-liscened, un-insurened minor her car to go pick up her sister from School. She backed into a curb and my truck and took off. Some Great people got the lisc. Didn't have to pay the deductable, mom will be paying for that $3,500 in damage for a long time, and the girl won't be getting her lisc. for years.

I hope I never witness such stupidity, I think the "Gene Pool" could use a little clorine.

Did you ever think that some people are alive only because it against the law to kill them?

Smitty
Did you ever think that some people are alive only because it against the law to kill them?

Every day.

I think the "Gene Pool" could use a little clorine.

av-943.gif

hot_shoe914
Might be better to just get another door and have it painted. I can probably get you paint from the same manufacturer. Might be some left over paint at the body shop. I will check and let you know.
A little video detication. aktion035.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5PT8c1tkZ4
6freak
QUOTE(96740 @ Jun 20 2008, 10:08 PM) *

f`n kids these days have no respect for anything or anyone..sorry man ...two weeks after mine came out of the paint shop an old man back into it with an rv
scotty
Gandhi would beat their ass.

byndbad914
QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Jun 20 2008, 08:44 PM) *

Smitty

How funny, it is getting ratty after years of wearing buy I have a T-shirt from my friends old cylinder head porting business and the quote on the back is essentially the same (some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them). I have had that shirt for a decade now that I think about it smile.gif

A customer was ticking him off when he had the shirts made - I knew the guy he was pissed with and that quote was correct.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

So what if you find the Ass Hole, 1. Cops will probably refuse to do anything. (

private property)2. Ass hole has no Ins. !!! AND if you kick his ass,you have

valuated his rights to free expresssion or some such, and he owns all you have.

Courts are really Fu-ked up, don't believe that, read the post here about the member

with the noise problem with his neighbor !!!!! My rant for the day!

Dave slap.gif
Allan
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jun 20 2008, 08:02 PM) *

You might want to try the security office at the mall. It might be on tape.

agree.gif About 15 years ago I had just restored a '68 Chevy and decided (against the advice of a buddy) to take it to the store. I mean this truck had only been out of paint for a week.

I park as far away as possible without sitting in the dirt. Not another car within 200 yards.

I'm in the store for maybe 10 minutes and walk out to find a freaking shopping cart sitting against the bed with a nice softball size dent.

I walked back in the store, asked for the manager and told him what happened.

At first he was a little defensive saying that the store has no responsibility for blah, blah, blah, etc...

I tell him that I understand and was just wondering if they had cameras in the parking lot so I could possibly find out who did it. He suddenly became very helpful and said that they did.

He actually took me into the security office and ran the tape.

Sure enough, it shows a lady blink.gif unload her cart into her car which, is at least 30 spaces away.

After she gets the cart unloaded it shows her pushing it all the way across the lot and when she gets within about 10 feet of my truck, shoves it at the bed. She actually stands there for a minute to admire her work and calmly walks back to her car and drives away.

I called the cops, they came and took a report.

3 days later they call and tell me that they have located the offender and ask if I want to file charges. I said absolutely and where do I sign,

Come to find out, the lady actually thought my truck belonged to someone else and apparently had a long running feud with them.

When she was arrested and shown the tape she admitted everything.

I ended getting a complete re-spray out of it with a couple extra coats of clear.

Stupid people irritate me...
McMark
I had a friend get chased down in his VW bus by a lady who swore he backed into her. She was yelling and cursing, until we explained that there were no less than FIVE red bay window busses in our town. She sheepishly apologized and drove off quickly. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.