Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Seat Problem - Have you had problems with your seats too?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NoEcm
I purchased this driver's seat in ~1977 or 1978. The seat fit perfectly when I bought the thing.

Now, the seat is tight and to make it even semi-comfortable, I have to take my wallet out of my back pocket before sitting in the car.

Click to view attachment

I don't understand why my seat doesn't fit me any more.

While you guys figure this out, someone pass me another Crispy Creme. av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
swl
LOL - never had that problem! Maybe you left the seat out in the rain!

That's a Recaro right? I can tell by the failed seam in the bolster wink.gif If you ever want to get rid of it I'll trade you a pristine original seat for it. I did the same as you must have - could only afford one of them. Would be nice to have a matching pair.
Click to view attachment
swl
hmm - not an exact match. no badge - different numbers of seams. Close though.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I have the same problem with my stock seats. When I bought mine they fit just

fine. Now, same problem with wallet,( even spending ever dime I have on it )

my right leg goes a sleep when driveing for a while. I have thought of this

solution , have a body shop add 8 inches to the car, middle front to rear.

Maybe Rick Ollah could be of help here????

Or god for bid lose weight !!!!!!!

What do ya think? Maybe a survey????

Dave slap.gif

P.S. I took a ride in a new Pontiac Soltus ( sp ) i had to put that on like a

pair of pants!!!!!!
ericread
Sooooo. What ya been eatin lately??? I have the same problem with every chair I used to fit into in 1978...

I believe the correct diagnossis is "Beer Belly-Itis"!

av-943.gif
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif My seats are really tight so I better whatch out for that drunk.gif
NoEcm
I’ve accepted the fact, and the realization that I’ll never see my 135lb 22 year old college weight ever again.

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
rufio0205
haha, woo hoo!!! i am looking forward to not fitting in my seats in the future....i'm a 140lb 6'0" 18 year old sophmore in college....
i cant wait. headbang.gif
scotty b
Well I infer from your statement that removing your wallet seemed to help a little. Perhaps you have to much damn money ? I'll be more than happy to help with that. As for the fat.....Richard is your man
NoEcm
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 22 2008, 06:19 PM) *

Well I infer from your statement that removing your wallet seemed to help a little. Perhaps you have to much damn money ?

Nope, not at all. I'm technology challenged so instead of a Palm Pilot I still carry business cards in my wallet (a fair amount of them). Just looked inside and in addition to the business cards I got a total of 4 bucks in there. sad.gif

Demick
Have you considered that you have a 'George Costanza' wallet? Maybe that's your problem.
kerensky
QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Jun 22 2008, 05:13 PM) *

haha, woo hoo!!! i am looking forward to not fitting in my seats in the future....i'm a 140lb 6'0" 18 year old sophmore in college....
Careful what you wish for, grasshopper. wink.gif
JimSar
I have the same problem with clothes. Got a closet full of crap that all shrunk! I'm telling ya, they don't make them like they did back in the 70's. Fabric from China and Bangladesh sucks. Leave them in the closet for a year, and next season they'll all be too small. Hand me another doughnut, please.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.