Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car of the Month for July/August
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Voting will last for until the evening of June 30th!

In random order (and deliberately not listing names)... here are the cars that were nominated and seconded for July/August!

Please feel free to post additional pictures or information about these cars!

Car #1
IPB Image

Car #2
IPB Image

Car #3
IPB Image

Car #4
IPB Image

Car #5
IPB Image

-Rusty smoke.gif
carr914
My vote is in. This should be a good contest, alot of great cars.

T.C.
Gustl
agree.gif

already voted piratenanner.gif

beerchug.gif Gustl
JRust
I love GT flares on a car. I have a hard time comparing the 2. Stock narrow body to flared that is. I'd prefer maybe narrow body cars one month. Flared cars next month confused24.gif Guess that could open a big can of worms on stock to modified. Either way all five cars would look great in my driveway biggrin.gif
SLITS
ELVIRA wub.gif
jimkelly
i voted for #5 - i especially like the lug nut studs biggrin.gif

i am on the fence when it comes to non stock mirrors?
Elliot Cannon
Who owns number 1? It gets my vote. Looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Does it ever get driven?
URY914
Elliot it belongs to smg914
davesclassicvws
I vote for #1. Very Nice. I swould love to see more pictures.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 21 2008, 05:19 PM) *

Who owns number 1? It gets my vote. Looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Does it ever get driven?

Yes, it is driven on occassion...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

-- Rob
markb
It's really tough to choose between those beautiful cars! wub.gif
AvalonFal
Gotta be #1. Stock looking over flares anyday. Oh-Oh....

Paul
Gint
Personally I'm going with #5. I've been considering blacking out the trim on my tangerine /6 for a very long time. The more I look at #5 (and I have been a lot lately), the more I love the idea of blacking out my trim. And it's a fantastic 914. Not that any of the rest aren't. But that's the mood I'm in. smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
They're all sexy looking 914s but Pauls Black sweet beauty is just too cool. And a 3.6 to boot drunk.gif
drew365
I'm not a 4 cyl kind of guy, but it's all in the presentation, and #1 has got it.
iamchappy
I even voted for #1 and i am a big fan of Paul's car also.
KELTY360
I usually prefer narrow bodied cars and #1 is spectacular. All the cars are very special representations of our little bastards. biggrin.gif But I've got to vote for #3.

The level of craftsmanship, imagination and out and out ballsy engineering stands out; even in this high level competition. Congratulations Chappy!
reverie
Car of the Month for May/June..

???
ConeDodger
QUOTE(reverie @ Jun 21 2008, 11:41 PM) *

Car of the Month for May/June..

???

Yep... Should read July/August. Ignore it and act as if it says the right month.
Rusty
Sorry for the inconvenience.
SGB
Damn. They ALL look so good.
type47
QUOTE(SGB @ Jun 23 2008, 07:21 AM) *

Damn. They ALL look so good.

so true, how does one choose?

i picked #3 (hard to decide between 3 and 5) as i liked the concept and a 914-6 GT is like my holy grail. i hope the non-winners will be in future choices of COTM.
stevesc_us
Gotta go for Car #1. It's just too flawless.
carr914
icon_bump.gif This needs to be on Page 1, so people see it and vote.

T.C.
Lavanaut
I opted for car #3, but I wish there was a "real" picture of it... idea.gif
strawman
Car #4 looks much better than the picture indicates, and it is WICKED fast! Kudos to Paul for building such an incredible car, and thanks for the E-ticket ride.

Geoff
cobra94563
All those cars are awesome!

(but hey, votes for a flared/modded car are being split up!)

Gint
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 21 2008, 07:53 PM) *
Personally I'm going with #5. I've been considering blacking out the trim on my tangerine /6 for a very long time. The more I look at #5 (and I have been a lot lately), the more I love the idea of blacking out my trim. And it's a fantastic 914. Not that any of the rest aren't. But that's the mood I'm in. smile.gif

I think maybe we need more pics of #5...

This first one is a great shot!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
gdonahoe
It is a great surprise and honor for my car to be considered for the car of the month. I really believe it is the least worthy of the group but thought I would post some information about the car with some more detailed pictures.

About three years ago I got serious about finding a flared 914 that would represent the look of the GT racecars that were competing in IMSA races in the US and endurance races abroad in the early seventies. My research led me to the club web site and eventually to a car offered for sale by Craig at Camp 914. It was a ’73 that had been converted to a 2.2L six by Dan Root. Since purchasing the car I have gone over it from end to end making changes to give it the look I was after and to enhance reliability, drivability, and performance. It is a work in progress with plenty left to accomplish. It’s a nice driver but not concours correct. My latest project has been to refurbish the engine compartment and hellhole area and while it was apart I fabricated adjustable front and rear sway bars.

The knowledge that I have gained by searching the World, NARP, and Club sites has been instrumental in the progress that I have made. Products and services from Glen at Pelican Parts, Bruce Stone, Eric Shea, Tangerine Racing, 914 Appearance and Performance, Engman, Getty Design, Bobby Hart, and Automobile Atlanta have been utilized. I have also purchased several odds and ends from various vendors at Glen and Ron’s semi annual swap meets. Advice and friendship from Joe Sharp has been much appreciated. It has been a pleasure to be part of the 914 community.

Here are a few more pictures.

Regards,

Gary

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Gint
Great looking 914 Gary! All of them are of course.
URY914
#1 again

Rusty
We've had great participation this month!!

A quick bump for the poll!
euro911
Very tough decision confused24.gif ... they are all gems beerchug.gif

... but in the end, I think it was those skinny tires that got to me laugh.gif

... very nice stock specimen

iamchappy
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jun 26 2008, 12:29 PM) *

I opted for car #3, but I wish there was a "real" picture of it... idea.gif

I didn't post it, but thanks for the nomination, here is the real image of the car
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.