Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flying Dutchman
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
richardL
Few pictures of Jeroen along with Brad and Mike (oops typo there) wavey.gif at yesterdays Redwood AX in Santa Rosa
richardL
Another...
richardL
Notice in the last pic how Brad cunningly modified the car to reduce weight...

Another.

Richard
richardL
One last image of a somewhat modified 912 as well...
Zeke
What do the doors hang from? Why does it even have doors? Yes, I said, "it."
SirAndy
are those cookie cutters on the trailer ???
campbellcj
I think "it" is kinda cool...but why is the fuel cell mounted up so high? And if it's an autox car (which it seems to be) then why not just use a tiny little autox cell. Things that make ya go hmmm.
Jeroen
Hey Richard,

Thanks for posting these!!!

cheers,

Jeroen
ps. That 245bhp 914 sure was a handfull. but I guess it's like breasts... a handfull aint bad biggrin.gif
Tony C
So B how did you rip off the front spoiler lol2.gif

-tony
Jeroen
Brad had a very minor off track excursion... the spoiler was already prety much toast when we picked up the car.
Driving it in and out of the trailer a couple of times didn't help it get any better either smash.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
jonwatts
Luckily Scott buys those spoilers like Kleenex (for boneheads like me who can take one out at 0.5 MPH).

Mike, how did the white car do?
Tony C
Oh, you mean a minor off track excursion like this:

IPB Image

-Tony tongue.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE(Tony C @ Mar 23 2003, 08:23 PM)
Oh, you mean a minor off track excursion like this:

Brad, was that slow Lambo in your way again? Shame on him.
Mueller
I'm waiting for the results to be posted to see if anyone else ran in the class Bi

I'm pretty sure I was the only one in that class on Saturday and I did not run today.

How did the car do?? Okay I guess, those mud and snow 60 series tires sure wallow alot on these rims of mine.

I found out today that the rear springs are 50 inch pound springs...that would explain why the ride is so comfortable in my car smile.gif

So with such soft springs in the back and no swaybar, I was dragging my door handles on the ground.

My best time was 43.9xx and I think Brad and Jeroen had been turning mid to low 40.xxx's

Fun course, i liked it.
Curvie Roadlover
Tony C., Was that pic taken at Road Atlanta?
richardL
Brad was talking to the 912 builder, so he probably knows more. I think that it is built with the Virginia City hillclimb in mind and that requires all the lights, including side marker lights to be intact and working.

It kind of looked like somebody had gone around the car with a sawzall and simply removed the bottom four inches! laugh.gif

It had some severe missfires, but they left early so it didn't get fixed unfortunately. It would probably have been really fast otherwise

R
Tony C
Curvie, yes Road Atlanta.

-tony
URY914
Brad,
Tell us more about the 912 from outerspace. What is up with the cell up under the driver's nose?
scottb
richardL has the coolest avatar in the world. i am offering a 6 pack of good beer and pic of my car for that girls phone number...... pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
EdwardBlume
Man, that course looked like a ton of fun but only 40-45 seconds long? Was it a 2nd-3rd gear course? I dig the picture of the Lamb! Too bad!

ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
Brad Roberts
The 912:

Belongs to the guy who designed both courses (Sat. course and Sun. Course). He is a long time Virginia city hill climb guy. The 912 is full tube chassis and has rocker arm front suspension. There is NO room with the nose cut down to run the fuel cell in any other place. Gary the owner is a great guy. I was working the event when they loaded the car and took it home. I was going to "fix" the issue I heard with the car as they tried to run it. A low battery caused them to fry the points in the dizzy (I told him to buy a Pertronix) then whey they did get the battery charged up... it wouldnt run. I spoke to him on Sunday about it.

The weather was abit chilly, but other than that.. I had a blast. The dinner Sat. evening was a blast. Mueller won the bitchin Porsche jacket and I won a tee shirt. Had a great "meeting" with the WEVO folks about the 915/914 shift setup. Cannot wait to get those pieces on a car I own.

Rob,

It was a second gear course. I tried up shifting to third a few times (actually ran my best time when I shifted to 3rd). Great course. Good facility. I'll be back with a AUTOX prepped 914.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.